• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's so quiet...................

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lawnmowerman, Tain
    started a topic It's so quiet...................

It's so quiet...................

Can anyone remember the forum being so quiet?

It's not as if we are all cruising...........

LMM

• annie, Glasgow
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred Bloggs, Tyne and Wear View Post

No, not a midgie in sight.
    I can walk through a cloud of midgies and frequently do and they don't bother me but mosquitos love me

Possibly if midgies don't bother you, you may not notice them??

The bottom of my garden and the adjoining access lane is a Midgies Heaven

Annie

Leave a comment:

• Lawnmowerman, Tain
    replied

How lucky you were!

LMM

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs, Tyne and Wear
    replied
    Originally posted by Lawnmowerman, Tain View Post

Weather must have been OK - no mention of Midges - and you were on the west coast!

LMM

Leave a comment:

• Issyalex, Glasgow
    replied
    Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

What I remember vividly about 2014 was people complaining about the hear after 2 days

Toured the north of Scotland and Orkney and met English people who had brought the wrong clothes and complained about the heat. Folk were sunbathing on the beach at Skara Brae and when I showed my Aussie friends the photographs of the beaches, they say I photo shopped them

2018 the railway tracks melted and I escaped the heat to watch tennis on the cooler south coast of England.

2020 - I recall nothing of April ; May there were a few good days but May is generally nice in the west coast. June - not memorable at all and I have no tan. I have lots of moss in the garden

Annie
    Well Annie you must live in a Glasgow that’s not in Scotland.

Leave a comment:

• Lawnmowerman, Tain
    replied
    We live in the North East not known for the heat & the weather from April to mid July has been great. If I wanted a tan it would have been the best ever!

In June 2014 I was in Scotland for a couple of weeks, Fort William, Mallaig, Isle of Mull, Oban then Inverness the weather wasn't particularly good anywhere although it didn't rain it was mainly dull and cool. It was great when we got to Pitlochry!
    Weather must have been OK - no mention of Midges - and you were on the west coast!

LMM

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs, Tyne and Wear
    replied
    We live in the North East not known for the heat & the weather from April to mid July has been great. If I wanted a tan it would have been the best ever!

In June 2014 I was in Scotland for a couple of weeks, Fort William, Mallaig, Isle of Mull, Oban then Inverness the weather wasn't particularly good anywhere although it didn't rain it was mainly dull and cool. It was great when we got to Pitlochry!

Leave a comment:

• annie, Glasgow
    replied
    Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
    2013 was a good summer in Glasgow, I was there early June to Nov, mid Oct it went down hill quickly so finished my contract.,

No car just walking and Public transport got wet a few times nothing drastic.

Was out every evening after work and all day at weekends
    The Autumn/Winter that followed was one of the wettest I recall. I escaped eventually by travelling to South Africa in March 2014. I wore out my blue hillwalking jacket.

Annie

Leave a comment:

• annie, Glasgow
    replied
    Originally posted by Issyalex, Glasgow View Post

Annie we live in the same city. We had exceptionally good weather April, May and most of June. I had the best tan I’ve ever had in my life, I called it my first year or retirement tan.

2014 was the year Glasgow had the Commonwealth games and the weather was great for those two weeks in July but the rest of the summer wasn’t that great.

2018 weather was nice in May and June only.
    What I remember vividly about 2014 was people complaining about the hear after 2 days

Toured the north of Scotland and Orkney and met English people who had brought the wrong clothes and complained about the heat. Folk were sunbathing on the beach at Skara Brae and when I showed my Aussie friends the photographs of the beaches, they say I photo shopped them

2018 the railway tracks melted and I escaped the heat to watch tennis on the cooler south coast of England.

2020 - I recall nothing of April ; May there were a few good days but May is generally nice in the west coast. June - not memorable at all and I have no tan. I have lots of moss in the garden

Annie

Leave a comment:

• Topdeck, London
    replied
    2013 was a good summer in Glasgow, I was there early June to Nov, mid Oct it went down hill quickly so finished my contract.,

No car just walking and Public transport got wet a few times nothing drastic.

Was out every evening after work and all day at weekends

Leave a comment:

• Issyalex, Glasgow
    replied

Hi LMM

I recall the odd good day in May but the rest......

We have daily family round robin email and I am paraphrasing slightly when an older brother commented: would those siblings who live down south stop yakking about the good weather - we haven't had any

Annie
    Annie we live in the same city. We had exceptionally good weather April, May and most of June. I had the best tan I’ve ever had in my life, I called it my first year or retirement tan.

2014 was the year Glasgow had the Commonwealth games and the weather was great for those two weeks in July but the rest of the summer wasn’t that great.

2018 weather was nice in May and June only.

Last edited by Issyalex, Glasgow; 29th July 2020, 08:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Issyalex, Glasgow
    replied

Yes, and pigs might fly

LMM
    🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐖🐖🐖🐖🐖🐖🐖🐖🐖🐖😂😂😂

Leave a comment:

• annie, Glasgow
    replied

Hi Annie

"I think as Scotland usually has a one day summer, the lockdown 3 months of sun was so unusual we were Hoping it would last till end September at least! 😂😂😂"

Issyalex remembers and she is in your neck of the woods. I am a bit further north of course.

LMM
    Hi LMM

I recall the odd good day in May but the rest......

We have daily family round robin email and I am paraphrasing slightly when an older brother commented: would those siblings who live down south stop yakking about the good weather - we haven't had any

Annie

Leave a comment:

• Lawnmowerman, Tain
    replied

When?? I remember the odd day.

It has certainly not been as good as 2014 or 2018.

Annie
    Hi Annie

"I think as Scotland usually has a one day summer, the lockdown 3 months of sun was so unusual we were Hoping it would last till end September at least! 😂😂😂"

Issyalex remembers and she is in your neck of the woods. I am a bit further north of course.

LMM

Leave a comment:

• annie, Glasgow
    replied

Amazing how quickly we forget the lovely warm and dry weather we had for most of lockdown.

This summer will be remembered for the summer we didn't have (amongst more important things of course).

LMM
    When?? I remember the odd day.

It has certainly not been as good as 2014 or 2018.

Annie

Leave a comment:

We use cookies to give you the
best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
agree to our cookie policy

Working...
X