• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's so quiet...................

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all
    Its amazing the number of members who say they have no interest in politics,yet when you look back on the political threads they pop up in every one.
    JC
    C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
    "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Life is restarting, I have less time to track important stuff.

​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
        Hi all
        Its amazing the number of members who say they have no interest in politics,yet when you look back on the political threads they pop up in every one.
        JC
        That's only to say that they are not interested, just in case you were interested.

Comment

Originally posted by andyn, Bucks View Post

That's only to say that they are not interested, just in case you were interested.
          Hi Andy
          When they do pop in to say they are not interested,,,,no,I’m not interested.
          JC

Comment

I'm more a reader than a poster these days but I do take my 'hat off' to all of you who are keeping the forum going especially as no-one is cruising so that is quite an achievement ... well done to all

I definitely have no interest in political threads so I don't even bother reading them but it is a bit annoying when they creep into a perfectly good thread and disrupt it but there you go these things happen
            Jo

Comment

Originally posted by PeterM, Southwell View Post

Not as bad as I thought it would be. Played 18, and did OK too. 36 points with 2 lost balls and a "blob". Our course never closes unless it's covered in snow. It just a case of who's daft enough to play in bad weather, i.e. me!

36 points with 2 lost balls AND a blob !! Wouldn’t like to playing against you Peter - shark springs to mind lol 😆

Comment

Hi DQ
                It says ‘Off-Topic Lounge ...Chit-Chat,,,,,I cant see where it says ‘excluding politics’.

Btw,I gave a perfectly good reason why the forum is quiet on this thread.
                Shouldn’t I have suggested it because it had the word politics in it?

Personally I’m not interested in 36 points with 2 lost balls AND a blob are they off-topic?,,,being as we have a Sport category.
                Or is it just politics?

JC
                Last edited by jc, liverpool; 28th July 2020, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post
                  I actually thought, there was quite a few new threads being started, considering we are not cruising, and not really going away yet.

I just want everything back to normal, I hate this .................................................. .........Carol

It is amazing how the world has changed in these last 4 months.

When I think I was looking forward to my cruise at the start of March, having packed my cases and then it all fell apart. I cannot see it getting back to normal cruising for a very long time. If the cruise companies are limiting the number of customers onboard in order to start cruising again, not sure an empty ship will have the same feeling and atmosphere. As the weeks go by and there does not appear to be much progress in restarting cruising, I think some of the dates given by cruise companies look unrealistic and if restarting it will not be anything like the same.

Comment

I do admit to now and again passing comment on the political threads, but at times these type of threads do seem to dominate the Newest and Hot topics lists.

Personally would rather they were removed from these lists the same as the games threads have been, leaving them still available for those who wish to partake or view.

Compared to Facebook where there appears to be a large number of cruising pages with regular daily cruising content, this forum does seem to be very quiet.
                    Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy, Essex View Post
                      I do admit to now and again passing comment on the political threads, but at times these type of threads do seem to dominate the Newest and Hot topics lists.

Personally would rather they were removed from these lists the same as the games threads have been, leaving them still available for those who wish to partake or view.

Compared to Facebook where there appears to be a large number of cruising pages with regular daily cruising content, this forum does seem to be very quiet.
                      Hi Del
                      After nearly 11 years on the forum and having enjoyed,with others,many many enjoyably political debates.
                      Your idea of hiding us out of the way from sensitive eyes has made me feel very unwanted

I that’s the case and it where to happen I would leave the forum with great memories but a heavy heart and have to bid you and other members a fond farewell.
                      JC

Comment

It could get a lot quieter if all the newest and hottest topics were hidden away

Although must admit, I had to go and search for them as I never use that page.

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
                          Hi Del
                          After nearly 11 years on the forum and having enjoyed,with others,many many enjoyably political debates.
                          Your idea of hiding us out of the way from sensitive eyes has made me feel very unwanted

I that’s the case and it where to happen I would leave the forum with great memories but a heavy heart and have to bid you and other members a fond farewell.
                          JC
                          Hi jc
                          If you want to start a politics thread then feel free...nobody makes any of us join in if we don't feel the need.
                          We've already lost one or two of our more prolific and long serving members...I'd hate for you to leave as well.

Garf

Comment

Hi Garf
                            I did remove a post of this thread and start a political thread with the same post.

LMM asked a question,,I answered it with my reason why I think it’s gone quiet,,,And yes I have said it will go that way if members keep complaining about political threads.

Now if someone doesn’t like that answer then tough,but it was an answer more so that some of the other answers.

But my post being what it was,,,was bound to lead to other political posts,for or against my theory that’s the nature of forum debate.

The numbers prove it......498 political threads...27,795 political post prove them to be popular.
                            Take the politics out of sight you have a semi cruise forum and a glorified chat line.
                            JC
                            Last edited by jc, liverpool; 27th July 2020, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by andyn, Bucks View Post
                              It could get a lot quieter if all the newest and hottest topics were hidden away

Although must admit, I had to go and search for them as I never use that page.
                              When I log in I am automatically taken to newest & hottest topics page, perhaps I should alter my settings, although on these settings I am also notified of the newest contributions and by who on threads I have previously contributed to.

Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

https://www.cruise.co.uk/forum/new-topics

Takes you to all the latest stuff.

Best way to use these forums.

A lot of my FB groups degenerated to refunds so I stopped bothering.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                                X