• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's so quiet...................

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's so quiet...................

Can anyone remember the forum being so quiet?

It's not as if we are all cruising...........

LMM

Lawnmowerman

Originally posted by Lawnmowerman, Tain View Post

LMM
    That's the problem LMM. Most of us are not planning cruises either, so not talking about them.
    See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

All gone to Spain on holiday...I expect the forum will be a lot livelier when they're in quarantine on their return and nowt else to do..

Garf

Comment

Originally posted by Lawnmowerman, Tain View Post

LMM
        Sheltering from the rain here!

Been watching my DD and her family’s progress through Dumfries & Galloway enroute to their staycation, road looked quiet and the sky was blue up that way.

Comment

Hi LMM
          I said this would happen,,,,,members are frightened to post political threads.

JC
          C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
          "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
            Hi LMM

JC
            Rubbish.
            Plenty of opportunity to post your political thoughts.

This is a public site and there comes a time, when little cruising chat is feasible due to no one cruising, really personal chatter isn’t really appropriate.

Members are doing their best with little to work with. Not too bad really.

Comment

Hi LMM

JC
              Hi JC,
              Don’t tempt me.

Comment

Fifteen weeks shielded. I really haven’t much news.

Comment

Originally posted by All at sea, Yorks View Post

Been watching my DD and her family’s progress through Dumfries & Galloway enroute to their staycation, road looked quiet and the sky was blue up that way.
                  Rain !! It’s been horrendous here today. Golf course closed. High winds forecast for tomorrow afternoon.

it would be nice to discuss cruising. Hopefully that will happen soon but I won’t hold my breath as it looks like long haul.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnR, Chippenham View Post
                    Hi JC,
                    Don’t tempt me.
                    Hi John
                    Well.last time i tried it i had 2 posts pulled because someone complained,,,and warned about my future behaviour,,,,so someone didn't like it.
                    JC
                    C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
                    "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by All at sea, Yorks View Post

Rain on and off here.

Went to the gym for the first time since March. Interesting. Swimmers have to book their lanes; the gym equipment was well spaced out; anti bc spray all over the place AND people were using them; a few of the oldies were wearing masks but it wasn't a requirement so not many were. Social distancing worked well apart from the ''gym Jocks'' who were there in their usual clusters.

The coffee bar was open but no tables or chairs and the soft play area, shut. The television screen lounge had a few chairs but they were very well spaced out, and empty.

Comment

Hi LMM

JC
                        Not frightened, just not interested in politics.

Comment

Originally posted by mike, lanarkshire View Post

Rain !! It’s been horrendous here today. Golf course closed. High winds forecast for tomorrow afternoon.

it would be nice to discuss cruising. Hopefully that will happen soon but I won’t hold my breath as it looks like long haul.
                          Not as bad as I thought it would be. Played 18, and did OK too. 36 points with 2 lost balls and a "blob". Our course never closes unless it's covered in snow. It just a case of who's daft enough to play in bad weather, i.e. me!

Comment

I actually thought, there was quite a few new threads being started, considering we are not cruising, and not really going away yet.

I just want everything back to normal, I hate this .................................................. .........Carol

Comment

Originally posted by mike, lanarkshire View Post

Weather was so bad the dog walkers were back out in their wellie boots

I haven't cancelled/rescheduled my flights to Italy yet and after today's weather, I am inclined to risk it. My biggest concern is the flight - I know I will cope with wearing a mask.

Annie

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X