• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday17th July Quiz. No face masks required

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mrs M
    started a topic Friday17th July Quiz. No face masks required

Friday17th July Quiz. No face masks required

Questions are ready and if the numbers are down, we'll quiz amongst ourselves!

8pm, see you
    x

edit
    should have said, here, on this thread.
    xx
    Last edited by Mrs M; 16th July 2020, 05:56 PM.

• All at sea, Yorks
    replied
    Originally posted by Mrs M View Post

It's a silly little quiz which evolved out of enforced housecation. and how long it will last before all participants start going out on a Friday night, I don't know but as long as we have enough to make it fun, I'll continue and as has been said, the emphasis is on fun and everyone can take part, master mind or not because correct answers are secondary to whiling away a couple of hours on a Friday evening.

I'm sorry you feel hard done to but I'm no mastermind and am just as likely to get things wrong as anyone.Yes a Dugong is called a sea cow along with its cousin, the Manatee.

When I have been incorrect before and it's been glibly pointed out to me, I have adjusted scoring. I won't be adjusting these scores because LMM and Garf should have got extra for being such a good double act but I will attempt to get all the Manatees and Dugongs in a row for next week.

πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

aka..........πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†

Leave a comment:

• Mrs M
    replied
    Originally posted by Pete, Caerphilly View Post

i'm sorry but i've got a competitive streak.

i don't mind missing out to technology, answers vanishing into the ether;

but losing out to answers that have two or more possibilities is another thing altogether, they should have shared points
    It's a silly little quiz which evolved out of enforced housecation. and how long it will last before all participants start going out on a Friday night, I don't know but as long as we have enough to make it fun, I'll continue and as has been said, the emphasis is on fun and everyone can take part, master mind or not because correct answers are secondary to whiling away a couple of hours on a Friday evening.

I'm sorry you feel hard done to but I'm no mastermind and am just as likely to get things wrong as anyone.Yes a Dugong is called a sea cow along with its cousin, the Manatee.

When I have been incorrect before and it's been glibly pointed out to me, I have adjusted scoring. I won't be adjusting these scores because LMM and Garf should have got extra for being such a good double act but I will attempt to get all the Manatees and Dugongs in a row for next week.

Just remember though for future reference, my ipad refreshes in a second or so, which means I can see when answers are edited, a point I did make a few weeks ago but I don;'t think you took part that week so probably missed the memo !

Leave a comment:

• Garfield, Waterlooville
    replied
    Morning Pete
    We all like to win but as LMM says as enjoyable as the quiz is it's just a few friends on a cruise forum having a laugh for a couple of hours.

Just dial back the competitiveness a bit and enjoy the banter.

See you next friday hopefully.

Garf

Leave a comment:

• Lawnmowerman, Tain
    replied
    Thank you very much Mrs M for a great quiz, and thank you all the others who play along and make it an entertaining evening.
    if anybody has strong feelings about my participation then i'll gladly refrain from playing, just private message me and i'll treat it with the greatest respect and not play but just watch from the sidelines
    Your choice...............

Leave a comment:

• Pete, Caerphilly
    replied
    Thank you very much Mrs M for a great quiz, and thank you all the others who play along and make it an entertaining evening.
    if anybody has strong feelings about my participation then i'll gladly refrain from playing, just private message me and i'll treat it with the greatest respect and not play but just watch from the sidelines

Leave a comment:

• Pete, Caerphilly
    replied
    Originally posted by Lawnmowerman, Tain View Post

Pete? You really are taking the shine off this with your nit-picking! It's only a FRIENDLY quiz - not the bl@@dy Olympics.

For a clever man you really don't see it.

LMM (with respect)
    i'm sorry but i've got a competitive streak.

i don't mind missing out to technology, answers vanishing into the ether;

but losing out to answers that have two or more possibilities is another thing altogether, they should have shared points

Leave a comment:

• Lawnmowerman, Tain
    replied
    As for everyone else - very enjoyable.

Thanks teacher.

LMM

Leave a comment:

• Lawnmowerman, Tain
    replied
    A dugong in a seagrass meadow. ... Dugongs, one of four species of sea cow, live near to coasts in the tropical Indo-Pacific ocean around India ...
    Pete? You really are taking the shine off this with your nit-picking! It's only a FRIENDLY quiz - not the bl@@dy Olympics.

For a clever man you really don't see it.

LMM (with respect)

Leave a comment:

• BandN, Markyate
    replied
    Nice one everyone , wish i got in a bit quicker with some of my answers, but thanks to Mrs M for a great evening and all of you for a brilliant time.

Barb

Leave a comment:

• Pete, Caerphilly
    replied
    A dugong in a seagrass meadow. ... Dugongs, one of four species of sea cow, live near to coasts in the tropical Indo-Pacific ocean around India ...

Leave a comment:

• Mrs M
    replied
    Love is All Around

so night night

Leave a comment:

• Bigsis, Waterlooville
    replied
    Thanks for your company everyone. I'm off to bed, it's been a long week. Thank you Mrs M x

Leave a comment:

• Garfield, Waterlooville
    replied
    Originally posted by Mrs M View Post
    Garf and Pete 6 pts each
    Carol on 4
    helen on 3
    LMM on 1
    and Big Sis 1 too
    Blimey.....
    Thanks once again to Mrs M and all my fellow competitors for a couple of hours of fun and frolics....
    I dedicate my joint win to Eggheads, The Chase, Mastermind etc etc..

Garf

Leave a comment:

• Mason, Altrincham
    replied
    Well done everyone ! It was good fun as usual. Thank you Mrs M for presiding over us.

Nite nite all!

Take care and stay well. HelenπŸ‘©*πŸŽ“

Leave a comment:

We use cookies to give you the
best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
agree to our cookie policy

Working...
X