• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time Out

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great to see uk fruit producers are getting into store and stores discounts are crazy you can't get those shopping on line.

Comment

Round my way, they also seem to have forgotten that you are supposed to stop at a zebra crossing .................................................. ...............Carol

Comment

Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post

I don't think you would spend as much with home delivery, when I go shopping I know what I want, but always add to it. If I was doing home delivery, I would just stick to my list with no distractions .................................................. ..Carol
        That’s what puts my wife off of home delivery, nothing gives her more satisfaction than waking out of a supermarket with a full trolley,

Its a standing joke in our family of my wife going in for just a few bits and coming out with 3 bags full at least and there is only two of us. 🤣🤣😎
        Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

Originally posted by sandraggg, Newcastle View Post

Hi Annie

Q: How can you make sure shoppers keep at least 2m away from you in Waitrose?

A: Carry an Aldi carrier bag as you go round the store.

(One of Frankie Boyle's more acceptable jokes.... I hope! )
          Hi Sandra

In the pre-Covid days, those bags were a common sight.

Some of the worst behaviour by shoppers in a supermarket has taken place in a Waitrose.

My sister had some of her RFQS items removed from her trolley by other shoppers - I retrieved them. My late step-mother and my sister were both nearly sent flying by a very 'enthusiastic' shopper at the bargain corner - they stepped back and I stepped forward

The tales that have been told We have had some good laughs with it though on occasion.

We might return.

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by Haworth, Wokingham View Post
            I understand what you are saying Carol, lock down seemed to make us all that bit kinder, but the new reality beckons.

The shops local to us are quiet as are the roads still but getting busier.

All the local services have been maintained 100%, perhaps its down to a well run council?

My pet hate in the shops people who handle multiple examples of the same items and put them back on the shelf until they find the perfect one that they want
            Yup, when I went to Aldi near me today I was wearing a mask, but a young mum with two VERY boisterous young boys wasn’t wearing one and was letting her two sons run around and wreak havoc wherever they felt like running. If they had knocked over an elderly shopper it would not have surprised me, but I had to keep my thoughts to myself as I didn’t want to get thumped by her. Sad, isn’t it?

Take care and stay well. Helen

Comment

Originally posted by Blondie, Oxford View Post

Judith, I think the Council Refuse and Recycling centre in Lount is now open. Visits are by booked appointment only.
              Supposed to be, but no answer when I phone. We paid for the service and have had no response. A small matter I agree. I’m coping with terminal cancer and everything is a major issue for me.

Comment

[QUOTE=sandraggg, Newcastle;n1329855]

Hi Annie

I’ve found no problems in various branches of Waitrose which are very well organised with well behaved shoppers. Similarly both Tesco’s visited. Not so M&S Food store - both shoppers and staff milling about and in too close contact.

Comment

[QUOTE=BinleyBilly, Binley, Coventry;n1329950]
                  Originally posted by sandraggg, Newcastle View Post

Hi Annie

I’ve found no problems in various branches of Waitrose which are very well organised with well behaved shoppers. Similarly both Tesco’s visited. Not so M&S Food store - both shoppers and staff milling about and in too close contact.
                  and I have the opposite experience with M&S and Tesco so it just shows there is no consistency.

Comment

Went to one of our recycling centres today straight through no queue, web site has said 10min wait all day, there is one a bit nearer but that has fewer bays and says 30min wait.
                    Will try the nearer one next time as round trip won't be a lot different as there are road works on the way to the one further away that took 10mins to get through..

Comment

We do not have shielding rules here, it is recommended for those with existing medical conditions. I have continued to do my own shopping because I prefer it after one poor experience of home delivery. We have spent time in two rural areas, one in a ski area when our kitchen renovation was stopped for six weeks and the other at our cottage. The rest of the time we have been in the city.

Based on my limited experience of shopping during the pandemic, people in small towns or villages are far more considerate of others than city dwellers. They were more likely to social distance and only touch what they were buying. I saw few masks up there, but at that time they were not compulsory.

Masks are now required in all indoor public spaces, and I agree with previous posters that people seem to think this is a magic cloak that saves them having to distance at all. Our local supermarket has a security guard outside, limiting the number of entrants and ensuring that masks are worn.

I have a hair appointment tomorrow 😀😀😀 Wearing a mask will be worth doing to feel tidy again. It took me a few tries to make comfortable masks, but it is possible.

Sheila

Comment

Originally posted by Cooke, Ashby View Post
                        Tips have been closed, bins not emptied and the post is almost none existent. I’m supposed to get my chemo appointments in the post. How, when there is no post? Bins emptied once a month. Is this the pattern for our future?
                        Our dumps (tips) opened several weeks ago. Our normal and recycling bins were emptied as usual......fortnightly. The garden bins only started being collected about 1 month ago and the glass bins are recommending from next week. Our post was a wee bit haphazard at the beginning but after a few weeks was back to normal.

can you not ask for your chemo appts to be sent to you by text or for your next date before leaving after your present session? It’s worth asking the staff.
                        don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                        best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                        agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                        X