• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time Out

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

That behaviour is so unhygienic.

No wonder I shop on-line - it is safer.

Annie
    Hi Annie
    How do you know how many hands have handled the food in your boxes before delivery.?
    How many rats have peed on them whilst they have been sat in the yard waiting to be loaded onto a van.?

Thats why i would rather shop for myself.

I still don't know what i'm missing by not having home delivery.

Just saying!!
    JC

C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
    "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
      Hi Annie
      How do you know how many hands have handled the food in your boxes before delivery.?
      How many rats have peed on them whilst they have been sat in the yard waiting to be loaded onto a van.?

Just saying!!
      JC
      Hi JC

Nice Try

Have you tried the home delivery option?? What is that expression? Don't knock what you haven't tried

After reading about your exploits with the masked shopper and Bllondie's description of discarded PPE, I don't think I'll be rushing back.

I may return to Waitrose one day.

As we say each to their own.

Annie

Comment

Hi JC

Nice Try

Have you tried the home delivery option?? What is that expression? Don't knock what you haven't tried

After reading about your exploits with the masked shopper and Bllondie's description of discarded PPE, I don't think I'll be rushing back.

Annie
        The goods for home delivery are taken from the same shelf’s as those who visit the store to shop take theirs from.

So the previous handling of goods on the shelf’s will be the same whether for home delivery or in store shopping.

Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy, Essex View Post

My overall impression was for many, things were getting back to normal. I did think a few people who were wearing masks thought they were holier than those not wearing one, also the wearing of one gave those the right to stretch over you to get items off the shelf.
          Happened to my OH, they stretched over her to get something off the same shelf. The OH just stepped back and waited. The person with the mask after getting their item, said to my OH 'what's the problem, I am wearing a mask'. Some just don't get it............and it was under her nose

If masks become mandatory I am afraid that there are a lot of stupid prople who will believe they can do whatever they want.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooke, Ashby View Post

Tip has been closed ages. We have two sofas in the garage that we have paid for collection. No answer on the phone number. Bins used to be emptied green one week with recycling them household the next week. Now a month between each and cardboard not collected at all. They are short on manpower. The post is hopeless.
            Judith, I think the Council Refuse and Recycling centre in Lount is now open. Visits are by booked appointment only.

Comment

Hi Carol

One of my sisters and I were only reflecting on this yesterday.

We watched several adults trying to cram their rubbish into overflowing bins, create an overspill and walk away from it.

We held onto our rubbish and disposed of it at home. It is not hard.

Annie
              When did you and your sister venture out from garden tea parties and once a month visits to the farmacy and Iceland?

Comment

Originally posted by andyn, Bucks View Post

Happened to my OH, they stretched over her to get something off the same shelf. The OH just stepped back and waited. The person with the mask after getting their item, said to my OH 'what's the problem, I am wearing a mask'. Some just don't get it............and it was under her nose

If masks become mandatory I am afraid that there are a lot of stupid prople who will believe they can do whatever they want.

Comment

Hi Annie

Just saying!!
                  JC
                  JC, I have to agree with Annie regarding the benefits of home delivery. I live on my own and because of health problems I was shielding during lockdown. I have had all my food deliveries from a local branch of Morrisons. Sixteen weekly deliveries so far, for a six monthly subscription charge of £20 which is valid until the end of September. Personally, for me, it’s been a lifesaver, as there is no way I could have shopped for myself, as I’m six miles from a supermarket.

I have nothing but praise for the service offered by Morrisons, excellent friendly and helpful drivers, fresh produce of good quality and everything delivered as ordered on line.

Comment

Originally posted by Blondie, Oxford View Post

JC, I have to agree with Annie regarding the benefits of home delivery. I live on my own and because of health problems I was shielding during lockdown. I have had all my food deliveries from a local branch of Morrisons. Sixteen weekly deliveries so far, for a six monthly subscription charge of £20 which is valid until the end of September. Personally, for me, it’s been a lifesaver, as there is no way I could have shopped for myself, as I’m six miles from a supermarket.

I have nothing but praise for the service offered by Morrisons, excellent friendly and helpful drivers, fresh produce of good quality and everything delivered as ordered on line.
                    Hi Jan

Pleased home delivery works for you.

TBH I hope the recreational shoppers like JC keep visiting the supermarket, it leaves plenty of time slots for me.

Each to their own

Annie

Comment

For most stuff home deliveries are good, especially heavy or bulk items, like our bags of rice But don't think you can beat being in the shop to pick the freshest, best cuts and any deals. I think the ideal is a mix of both. However, accepted, for some there is not that choice.
                      For me, home delivery cuts down the number of times I need to go shopping, and when I am forced to, it does not take as long, so more time for a coffee or beer to recuperate.

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm, Essex View Post
                        Hi Carol, I do find it VERY worrying that after 3.5 month of lockdown many people seem to have "lost the plot" completely - present company accepted.

However the "I'm aright attitude" is not new, it dates back to 1979 -1990 in my opinion. I'm not going to talk politics now, but I personally trace it all back to one particular Prime Minister.

Other may disagree?
                        Entirely agree. Me, me, me + greed. Downhill ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooke, Ashby View Post

Tip has been closed ages. We have two sofas in the garage that we have paid for collection. No answer on the phone number. Bins used to be emptied green one week with recycling them household the next week. Now a month between each and cardboard not collected at all. They are short on manpower. The post is hopeless.
                          Our local tip isn't open either, not sure why, the bins are fine, and we get post every other day, We have a lot of trees and woodland around here, and the fly tippers have been busy .....................................Carol

Comment

Hi JC

Nice Try

Annie

Hi Annie

Q: How can you make sure shoppers keep at least 2m away from you in Waitrose?

A: Carry an Aldi carrier bag as you go round the store.

(One of Frankie Boyle's more acceptable jokes.... I hope! )

Comment

Hi Annie

Just saying!!
                              JC
                              I don't think you would spend as much with home delivery, when I go shopping I know what I want, but always add to it. If I was doing home delivery, I would just stick to my list with no distractions .................................................. ..Carol

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy, Essex View Post

The goods for home delivery are taken from the same shelf’s as those who visit the store to shop take theirs from.

So the previous handling of goods on the shelf’s will be the same whether for home delivery or in store shopping.

On some shops you are dodging more home shopper collectors than real shoppers.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                                X