• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hawaii

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malcolm, Essex
    started a topic Hawaii

Hawaii

Anyone here, been to Hawaii?

It's on my bucket list. I'm not sure why? Maybe it has something to do with Steve McGarrett and Danno?

Somebody told me that Honolulu was not very nice. Well the name sounds great!

• Issyalex, Glasgow
    replied
    If or should that be when we do a Hawaii cruise we’ll fly to San Francisco Or Vancouver or San Diego and cruise from there with Princess for a 14 night cruise. A lot Less flying time than flying for 24hrs to Hawaii.

Leave a comment:

• Malcolm, Essex
    replied
    Thanks Topdeck, food for thought!

Leave a comment:

• Topdeck, London
    replied
    A couple of options that have stops in Hawaii

Celebrity
    30n Sydney to Vancouver 15 April 2021 7n Alaska addon to Seattle. (and 2022, 2023)
    28n Vancouver to Sydney 19 Sept 2021

RCI
    28n 10 Sept 21 Vancouver Brisbane

HAL
    50n 29 Sept 21 Vancouver San Diego (long one but covers a lot of places)

Leave a comment:

• Malcolm, Essex
    replied
    Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

Downside for any planned trip to Hawaii from the UK is the very long flight to either LAX or HON wearing a face mask.

Annie
    Thanks Annie, would not be in the near future!

Leave a comment:

• Lawnmowerman, Tain
    replied
    My FIL always wanted to go there - an impossible fantasy then of course for what he was. A poorly paid ex-farm labourer. I think he had an obvious eye on the beautiful girls with the leis . Still - he had a dream as someone famously said! And you can't take away a dream.

LMM

Leave a comment:

• cymrucruiser
    replied
    Originally posted by Mason, Altrincham View Post

No you’re not! My friend Karen is! 😆 My best friend in NY is possibly the worlds biggest H50 fan EVER. She adores Alex O’laughlin and co and makes no secret of it. A few months ago I caught an episode of the original H50 on tv and it was soooooooo corny it was unreal, especially when you saw the Hawaiian police officers in suits and ties looking so prim and proper. 😜

Take care and stay well. Helen
    Sorry I’ll argue that one Helen. He’s my guilty pleasure, I cried watching the last ever episode (which is saved on my sky planner) 😩😂

Leave a comment:

• Mason, Altrincham
    replied
    Originally posted by cymrucruiser View Post
    I’ve always wanted to go to Hawaii.
    if you get the chance go for it!

Im Steve McGarrets biggest fan (the Alex O’Laughlin version)
    No you’re not! My friend Karen is! 😆 My best friend in NY is possibly the worlds biggest H50 fan EVER. She adores Alex O’laughlin and co and makes no secret of it. A few months ago I caught an episode of the original H50 on tv and it was soooooooo corny it was unreal, especially when you saw the Hawaiian police officers in suits and ties looking so prim and proper. 😜

Take care and stay well. Helen

Leave a comment:

• cymrucruiser
    replied
    I’ve always wanted to go to Hawaii.
    if you get the chance go for it!

Im Steve McGarrets biggest fan (the Alex O’Laughlin version)

Leave a comment:

• philhar, wallasey
    replied
    I've stayed in Waikiki years ago a simply stunning beach.I did visit Pearl Harbor which I found a harrowing experience.
    On a brighter note,I loved Waikiki beach.One day I saw Goldie Hawn pushing her very young daughter in a pushchair wearing a bikini.As a 17 year old it left a deep impression on me😀
    Waikiki is famous for surfing, so I thought I'd give it a try.I hired a board for an hour which was a bit optimistic. Towards the end of the hour I had managed to stand up on the thing without falling off.Along came a wave and I thought this was my moment.You can guess what happened...
    I tried to look cool carrying the board back which is quite difficult when you have swallowed most of the sea.
    ​​​.I loved Hawaii though,its a beautiful place.
    I hope you get to do it Malcolm and have a good time

Leave a comment:

• Topdeck, London
    replied
    I thought I posed early(maybe fell asleep before pressing submit) but don't see it.

It is a very long way so needs combining with something else over 3-4 weeks time and budget permitting.

Pre covid there was a South pacific option they may happen again.

Combine with Alaska start/end of season with a relocation. that stop at Hawaii then combine land &| NCL.

Leave a comment:

• Cooke, Ashby
    replied
    Hawaii was on our itinerary from LA to Auckland. Our first stop was Honolulu where we took a trip to Diamond Head Crater, which I considered well worth the effort. It is possible to take a guided hike through the crater, but one would need to be younger and fitter than me! The trip included a drive along the coast with photo stops including o e to view a spectacular blow hole. We left the bus in town and after a little retail therapy walked back to the ship.

next port was Nawiliwili on Kauai. We decided on the scenic drive and boat trip at the Wailua Heritage Trail. The boat was a bit basic, but we had Hawaiian entertainment on board. The walk along the trail was beautiful and we saw a wild boar, which fortunately ignored us.

the next port should have been Lanaii, but the swell was too much for the tenders.

Our last stop in Hawaii was Kona, where the coffee comes from. We went to the coffee museum (don’t bother) and to a beautiful wooden church that had been painted by an Italian priest to remind him of the highly decorated churches in Italy. The views from the church were worth the trip by themselves. We had one last stop at a visitor centre on the beach before saying good bye to Hawaii.

would I do it again? Yes, in a heartbeat. The scenery is beautiful where ever you look and the people are very friendly. Shopping is a pleasure and the ABC souvenir shops are cheap and cheerful.

next stop was Kiribati, but that’s another story

Leave a comment:

• annie, Glasgow
    replied
    Originally posted by Malcolm, Essex View Post

Thanks Helen for the advice, but I'm NOT in the market for s husband.

There seems to be only three main ways to do it:

Fly and a land resort

Fly and take NCL's 7 night island hoping cruise

Or take a 14 night Princess cruise from America's West Coast (return).

NCL packs a lot into 7 nights. However most reviews say the ships food and service is not so good because the crew are American!

Downside for any planned trip to Hawaii from the UK is the very long flight to either LAX or HON wearing a face mask.

Annie

Leave a comment:

• Malcolm, Essex
    replied

You bet your sweet bippy I met my hubby there!
    Thanks Helen for the advice, but I'm NOT in the market for s husband.

There seems to be only three main ways to do it:

Fly and a land resort

Fly and take NCL's 7 night island hoping cruise

Or take a 14 night Princess cruise from America's West Coast (return).

NCL packs a lot into 7 nights. However most reviews say the ships food and service is not so good because the crew are American!

Leave a comment:

• Issyalex, Glasgow
    replied

You bet your sweet bippy I met my hubby there! 😃. My sister, four friends and I went there 38 years ago and had a week in Honolulu and about 5 days In Maui. It was fabulous and I wasn’t the only one to meet her husband there. My husband’s friend fell for one of my sister’s friends and they got married two years after we did. We did all sorts of touristy stuff like the Kodak hula dancing show, the Dole pineapple factory tour, the Polynesian Cultural Centre and Pearl Harbour. Pearl Harbour was truly moving and impressive. Maui was gorgeous and we did an early morning (more like middle of the night) drive up to the observatory at Haleakala volcanic crater to watch the sunrise. We froze our tushies off but it was just amazingly beautiful to see. The hotel very kindly provided us with blankets when they knew where we were heading that morning as they were well aware how cold it is up there. Go for,it Malcolm!

Take care and stay well. Helen🌴🏝⛱
    What a romantic way to meet your husband. Wonderful memories Helen. 💕

Leave a comment:

We use cookies to give you the
best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
agree to our cookie policy

Working...
X