• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Section 75

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Section 75

Hi Everyone

Has anyone used Section 75 on a credit card to get a refund? Could you tell me how it works please?, and what I would have to do?
    Thank you .................................................. ............Carol

Carol

The link below might be helpful.

Also I know some banks' websites have on-line forms for submitting claims.

Section 75 protects your purchases over £100 if you use a credit card. This MoneySavingExpert guide tells you how to claim if something goes wrong.

Comment

Carol

This link may be of help, I understand from other sites you contact your card provider via the tel no on card and ask to make a section 75 claim.

You will need to have at hand all the details of your claim, company, order no etc, etc all the details relating to your claim.

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rig...mer-credit-act

sorry just seems sandraggg has posted a link whilst I was typing.
      Last edited by Delboy, Essex; 29th June 2020, 01:37 PM.
      Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

Ironically had to use it for the first time against Hotels dot com for a couple of rooms that were cancelled for a transit hotel stay for our intended return journey from a Ski trip that never happened in France. Originally, Hotels dot com were going to refund, changed their mind within 2 week and said we’d get a voucher instead, that had to be used ...at the same hotel within 12 months! As we’re not planning going skiing next year, that was like a red rag to a bull, so thought I’d try S75. Mine was an online application with Barclaycard. I gathered all my evidence and I had a fair bit for example, the hotel group, Accor refunded us with no problem for an over nighter in an IBIS hotel for our intended trip down to the ski resort without hesitation, albeit we’d booked that direct through Accor web site, but the return journey, although It was still an Accor group hotel, was booked Indirectly through Hotels dot com. When we approached Accor about the hotel booked through Hotels dot com, they told us that they’d not received any money from Hotels dot com for our intended stay in a Novotel in Dijon and so we had to deal with Hotels dot com, who were holding our money. I passed all this info on to Barclaycard, with it all taking about 6 weeks to be resolved. In that time I only heard once from Barclaycard via a text message that things were taking longer than usual to investigate due to coronavirus. So as I say, I just completed their online form (in my case there was one) which allowed me to upload accompanying documents, one of of which gave a timeline of events and my perspective together with receipts, which I’m pleased to say led to a successful conclusion!

Comment

Just bear in mind that the retailer can dispute the claim. In my case, I opened a claim against Get transfer.com who let me down in with a transfer in Miami in February (pre Covid) They simply changed their refund policy during Covid and applied a credit to my GT account and that was it. Several weeks of emailing back and forward to GT , I then submitted a claim to Amex on line and uploaded supporting documents. The money was refunded to my credit card but GT objected and Amex reversed their decision. I then submitted several emails to Amex in which they (GT) promised to refund the payment via my credit card. Amex have now refunded me again but in the letter they say GT may appeal the decision. Very frustrating process (at times)

Comment

Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post
            Hi Everyone

Has anyone used Section 75 on a credit card to get a refund? Could you tell me how it works please?, and what I would have to do?
            I did one for Barclaycard Visa yesterday. I registered on-line quoting my emaila ddress and last 4 digits of card number.

They sent me back a link to a series of questions which I aswered and fired back with some attachments.

Comment

Carol, I don't know if this is the issue I referred to about non delivery of furniture from a certain store which is apparently due to go into administration. I notified my bank that I wished to claim on my debit card which, sadly, is not covered by S75. They have taken up my case but advised it might be a lengthy process. In the meantime I received another email from them which proves someone is working but they do not answer their phone and all stores are shuttered. I am hoping against hope they actually deliver the goods but I'm not holding my breath! Their email says they are hoping to fill the order!

Comment

If it is any help my daughter rang and it was 56 minutes before they answered, she nearly gave up but as you know it was good news in the end and she now has the sofa...Carol

Comment

Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post
                  Hi Everyone

I claimed under Section 75 from JL Partnership Card for flights paid before Flybe went out of business, previous flights having been cancelled but with a voucher then given by Flybe for their value. I claimed by letter for the voucher and the top-up and did receive a full refund though it took many weeks, partly my fault and partly because the lockdown slowed it all up. Showed the need to keep statements, invoices etc. Good luck.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                  best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                  agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                  X