• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Titanic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wansbrough, North Somerset View Post

Are you aware of the two museums in the USA? I was provided with a link this morning to one of them then found there were two!!!

Titanic Museum Branson - Google Search

Tennessee Titanic Museum - Google Search

Very strange set up if you ask me, I read that your entry ticket bears the name of a passenger and you find out at the end of the tour if you survived or not.
    Macabre!!!!!!

LMM

Lawnmowerman

Comment

Originally posted by Smith7 View Post

Only in America eh? I can't imagine that we Brits would dream that one up. In bad taste methinks.
      Not at all. The little Titanic Museum in Cobh have been doing that for years.

I've visited twice and both times ''I'' survived.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post

Not at all. The little Titanic Museum in Cobh have been doing that for years.

I've visited twice and both times ''I'' survived.
        I still think it is in bad taste.
        Jill

Comment

Originally posted by Smith7 View Post

I still think it is in bad taste.

I suppose it might seem in bad taste to some, but it didn't feel like that at all and in fact, I found it rather poignant.

The ticket had a passenger's name on it and it was entirely up to the individual visitor to find out if the named person survived, which you found out by actively looking at the interactive Titanic passenger list. At no time was it highlighted as ''you'' drowned or ''you'' survived.

All rather nicely done and very moving. Well I found it so.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
          best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
          agree to our cookie policy

Working...
          X