• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Titanic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Titanic

Maybe I'm just a bit 'sad', but I like all thing Titanic related: Movies, books, museums, hotels etc.

Anybody else care to admit this?
    See my cruise blog: HERE

Interested certainly, but not massively so.

Comment

Loved the Belfast museum and loved James Horner's score. Apart from that, not yet seen 'the' film, but loved 'A Night to Remember'.
      Anything else, not too interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post
        Loved the Belfast museum and loved James Horner's score. Apart from that, not yet seen 'the' film, but loved 'A Night to Remember'.
        Not seen the film? It is quite brilliant really. However it is best on a big screen, I suppose.
        See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

CMV Titanic anniversary cruise on Marco Polo, fantastic cruise.

The one for those that missed the Fred Olsen expensive TA one.

So much memorabilia they had to cycle through it with daily Exibits...

Some threads from that time.

https://www.cruise.co.uk/forum/forum...rom-tilbury-uk

https://www.cruise.co.uk/forum/forum...er-night-ex-uk

https://www.cruise.co.uk/forum/forum...emorial-cruise

Comment

My OH does.
            We did watch an amazing documentary though, that was on when they were showing things to do with the anniversary. It showed the weather conditions of the night, and how the captain of another ship that was close, didn't see the Titanic. He never managed to clear his name though, it was quite sad! ................................................ Carol

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post
              Its a great film with a brilliant cast of classic British actors, I agree with you

Comment

I saw two lecture series on Titanic on cruise ships. Both were interesting but different. The first one was more technical, concentrating on design faults and reasons for the tragedy, while the second series was more concerned with personalities. I visited the cemetery in Halifax, Nova Scotia and was surprised to hear that there are still attempts to identify bodies through DNA.
                Sheila

Comment

We were on a TA Celebrity cruise several years ago and one of the passengers, who was a lecturer, was given permission to do 3 Titanic talks. His talks were about the people of Titanic. His talks kept my interest for the full time as they were fascinating and he was an excellent lecturer........I usually end up having a nap during talks. 😴😴

I used to work with a nurse who’s grandad helped make Titanic’s main staircase. He was given a ticket for her maiden voyage but gave it to his friend as his wife was due to give birth!
                  don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Originally posted by Issyalex, Glasgow View Post
                    We were on a TA Celebrity cruise several years ago and one of the passengers, who was a lecturer, was given permission to do 3 Titanic talks. His talks were about the people of Titanic. His talks kept my interest for the full time as they were fascinating and he was an excellent lecturer........I usually end up having a nap during talks. 😴😴

I used to work with a nurse who’s grandad helped make Titanic’s main staircase. He was given a ticket for her maiden voyage but gave it to his friend as his wife was due to give birth!
                    I think those were probably the same lectures about people of the Titanic that we heard. It was definitely a Celebrity ship and I seem to recall that the presenter was a passenger. They were very well attended and after hearing the first we certainly didn’t want to miss his subsequent offerings.
                    Sheila

Comment

Had a play with my scanner and put together the dinner menus from the CMV Marco Polo heritage cruise

Each day included themed items from an historic ship menu (took 5 goes to get a file that would load)
                      included artwork from the original, the MP menu that day, and the bits that were themed.

MP_Menus_000005.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
                        Had a play with my scanner and put together the dinner menus from the CMV Marco Polo heritage cruise

Each day included themed items from an historic ship menu (took 5 goes to get a file that would load)
                        included artwork from the original, the MP menu that day, and the bits that were themed.

[ATTACH]n1328177[/ATTACH]
                        Much appreciated TD - would have been an enjoyable cruise.

SS Southern Cross - what an interesting ship.

Thanks

LMM

Lawnmowerman

Comment

We also got 4 sided(A3 folded) data sheets for some old ships I need to work out how to scan those in collated so they look right.

​​​​​​

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                          best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                          agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                          X