• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you had a magic wand??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you had a magic wand??

I’m a member of a well known survey panel, two interesting questions today....

If you had a magic wand & could make either Coronavirus or both Malaria & Flu vanish forever which would you choose?

Or if you had a magic wand & could make either Coronavirus or eliminate Third World Debt which would you choose?

As I’m desperate to see my family I’d have to choose to eliminate Coronavirus in both scenarios. My husband has cancer & we just need to see our sons & daughter again.
    Last edited by cruisinpat, Cornwall; 24th May 2020, 06:49 PM. Reason: Typo

I’d choose Coronavirus in both too
    Past cruises:
    Carnival Conquest October 2002
    Independence of the Seas October 2012
    Independence of the Seas May 2014
    Explorer of the Seas June 2015
    Norwegian Escape October 2015

Comment

I think malaria and flu are a bigger problem worldwide, so I'd choose those. Third world debt probably does more damage to the third world, so I'd choose that.

Comment

I'd like to end all of them, but being totally selfish it would be the virus, as that's the one that effects me, my family and friends the most ..................................Carol

Comment

Originally posted by PeterM, Southwell View Post
          I think malaria and flu are a bigger problem worldwide, so I'd choose those. Third world debt probably does more damage to the third world, so I'd choose that.
          I agree.

The western world is incentivised to resolve CV19 but malaria and 3rd world debt have been major issues for decades.

Annie

Comment

1. Coronavirus, Flu is less deadly and malaria can be controlled

2, Coronavirus. There will be no "Third World" if coronavirus is not sorted.

Comment

1) Flu
              2) Third world debt

Comment

Malaria and flu
                Third World debt

Comment

Originally posted by cruisinpat, Cornwall View Post
                  I’m a member of a well known survey panel, two interesting questions today....

If you had a magic wand & could make either Coronavirus or both Malaria & Flu vanish forever which would you choose?

Or if you had a magic wand & could make either Coronavirus or eliminate Third World Debt which would you choose?

As I’m desperate to see my family I’d have to choose to eliminate Coronavirus in both scenarios. My husband has cancer & we just need to see our sons & daughter again.
                  I am in a similar position. I’m in hospital with terminal liver cancer. I’d just like visitors.

Comment

Judith, we’re all sending you hugs! Sorry to hear you’re in hospital again. 3BC6619D-7DA4-4DAA-94E0-1118232BBE6E.gif Take care. Helen x

Comment

Originally posted by Cooke, Ashby View Post

I am in a similar position. I’m in hospital with terminal liver cancer. I’d just like visitors.
                      Judith, I wish you could have visitors too, my thoughts are with you .................................................. ...Carol xx

Comment

Hi all
                        Malaria & Flu
                        Third World debt.

They are both intertwined,,yes Malaria can be controlled,but not when western dept collectors drive them into debt,,and lots of drug companies drive them even deeper into debt.

'Internationally, malaria is responsible for approximately 1-3 million deaths per year. Of these deaths, the overwhelming majority are in children aged 5 years or younger, and 80-90% of the deaths each year are in rural sub-Saharan Africa. [7] Malaria is the world’s fourth leading cause of death in children younger than age 5 years.

Malaria is preventable and treatable. However, the lack of prevention and treatment due to poverty, war, and other economic and social instabilities in endemic areas results in millions of deaths each year'

As much as I miss my grandchildren,I think I can live with it for a little while if it meant both the above could be eradicated from the world.
                        JC
                        C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
                        "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Malaria and flu. Been around for years.

3rd world debt.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooke, Ashby View Post

I know nothing else about you but I send the hope that you at least have someone there who can hold your hand albeit with a glove and give you some sense of peace.

Comment

love and hugs from us too x x x

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X