• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hygiene fears over “visitor tsunami “

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hygiene fears over “visitor tsunami “

With the beaches in Cornwall & other parts of the U.K. becoming packed with families it’s become a major concern over hygiene. With toilets & cafes closed it begs the question of what are these people using? There’s no hand washing so the fear of a huge surge in Covid cases here is worrying to say the least.

I don't undersatand why we are allowed to travel to beaches , parks, beauty spots, etc. but they have not opened toilet or hand washing facilities

Comment

Hi Pat
      I cant understand the rule on toilets not opening.
      I went to three garden centres this week,,,,in one the toilet was open,in the other two they were closed,,,,,,there was a notice on one that said 'Due to government rules we are unfortunately unable to open our toilets'
      When i asked i was told it applied to all retail outlets.
      Yet Asda and Morrisons have never closed,,,,,didn't check Tesco....M&S was closed.

I agree with you about beaches,tourist hot spots.........where do they go?...especially the granddads with prostrate problems.

JC
      C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
      "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
        Hi Pat
        I cant understand the rule on toilets not opening.
        I went to three garden centres this week,,,,in one the toilet was open,in the other two they were closed,,,,,,there was a notice on one that said 'Due to government rules we are unfortunately unable to open our toilets'
        When i asked i was told it applied to all retail outlets.
        Yet Asda and Morrisons have never closed,,,,,didn't check Tesco....M&S was closed.

I agree with you about beaches,tourist hot spots.........where do they go?...especially the granddads with prostrate problems.

JC
        Think like a cat JC

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

Think like a cat JC

Annie
          Someone else's garden

Comment

Maybe they’re closed as they don’t want to encourage people to spend all day there and they are obeying government rules?

At this present time I wouldn’t fancy using public toilets and don’t know anyone who would.
            don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

If people have been told they can go to the beach they will go, and when you need to go, you need to go. Crazy to have the toilets shut. As long as you thoroughly wash your hands when you come out, I can't see the problem!! .................................................. .Carol

Comment

Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post
                If people have been told they can go to the beach they will go, and when you need to go, you need to go. Crazy to have the toilets shut. As long as you thoroughly wash your hands when you come out, I can't see the problem!! .................................................. .Carol
                I think just touching my own bits will be less risky than touching any of the facilities, works for cruise passengers.

Comment

I dread to think what will be under the sand after a day on a packed beach with no toilets! Apparently, due to some people’s lack of hygiene when using public toilets, the council are unwilling to put their cleaners health at risk. Even on 5* cruises I’ve seen people leave the loo without washing their hands & thats pre-Covid. My son was out for a run around the harbour in Portishead yesterday evening & saw 2 adults urinating against a wall...............Pat

Comment

Originally posted by cruisinpat, Cornwall View Post
                    I dread to think what will be under the sand after a day on a packed beach with no toilets! Apparently, due to some people’s lack of hygiene when using public toilets, the council are unwilling to put their cleaners health at risk. Even on 5* cruises I’ve seen people leave the loo without washing their hands & thats pre-Covid. My son was out for a run around the harbour in Portishead yesterday evening & saw 2 adults urinating against a wall...............Pat
                    That is just gross

I don't know what it's like for rubbish on the beach, but round my way I have noticed a lot of rubbish. We walked through our local park last night and someone had left 2 potties by the bin on the floor
                    Why can't people take their rubbish home with them .................................................. .........Carol

Comment

Originally posted by andyn, Bucks View Post

Someone else's garden
                      You are correct, I saw just that report this week, and not just urine..Carol

Comment

Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post

That is just gross

I don't know what it's like for rubbish on the beach, but round my way I have noticed a lot of rubbish. We walked through our local park last night and someone had left 2 potties by the bin on the floor
                        Why can't people take their rubbish home with them .................................................. .........Carol
                        Lots of nappies lying around plus more rubbish than usual. Totally agree....take your rubbish home. As the saying goes “ leave nothing but footprints , take nothing but pictures, kill nothing but time”.

Comment

Hi all
                          Interesting thread.....do you worry about toilet facilities whe yo book a trip on a cruise?...I do.

Last year I did Iceland on a tour,,,7hrs bouncing about in a mini bus,,some trips was 10-12 hrs.
                          I e-mailed to tour company before booking to check on toilet stops,it was OK,every hour.

P&O have some tours of 3-4 hrs and they warn there is no toilet stops,,,no chance.

On a trip in St Petersburg to Peterhof gardens it's a good 1 hr and a bit drive,,,there is no toilets at the entrance,but some portaloos in the car park,,for 1 euro,,,they are the filthiest,stinking toilets I have ever seen.
                          The toilets in Peterhoff are in the cafe right at the far end of the gardens.

Apologies if you were eating your tea!!
                          JC
                          C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
                          "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Hi JC
                            I could write a book on the toilets of the UK & other countries!! Yes I worry & plan ahead, check out all the MacDonalds as they’re handy. My worst place was Tromso ,absolutely no public toilets I ended up begging the woman in the Tourist Information office!!

No no problem with your post, pasties eaten!!
                            Pat

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
                              Hi all
                              Interesting thread.....do you worry about toilet facilities whe yo book a trip on a cruise?...I do.

Last year I did Iceland on a tour,,,7hrs bouncing about in a mini bus,,some trips was 10-12 hrs.
                              I e-mailed to tour company before booking to check on toilet stops,it was OK,every hour.

P&O have some tours of 3-4 hrs and they warn there is no toilet stops,,,no chance.

On a trip in St Petersburg to Peterhof gardens it's a good 1 hr and a bit drive,,,there is no toilets at the entrance,but some portaloos in the car park,,for 1 euro,,,they are the filthiest,stinking toilets I have ever seen.
                              The toilets in Peterhoff are in the cafe right at the far end of the gardens.

Apologies if you were eating your tea!!
                              JC
                              That could be the topic for a new thread JC but is a valid concern for some.

Annie

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X