• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How are you coping with not going out [too much] if you don't have to

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post

Good one.

Wallet is looking good but the CC has made up for it, need to have a proper look I think we may be spending more on food as there are fewer bargains about, the beer costs have gone up and there are few covid project items.

Still not spent the cruise refund from March and the next tank of fuel will be over £10 cheaper and last a few months.
    I didn't take a refund - used the FCC to book another cruise. But did manage to spend the notional refund (plus some more) on the MGB - still sitting there - hasn't turned a wheel, oh well.

Bill

Lawnmowerman

Comment

Well there goes a bit of cash, all these empty roads bike has taken a bit of wear and tear, need a new chain and sprockets

Comment

Originally posted by andyn, Bucks View Post
        Well there goes a bit of cash, all these empty roads bike has taken a bit of wear and tear, need a new chain and sprockets
        I'm glad you are enjoying it

Bill

Lawnmowerman

Comment

Originally posted by Lawnmowerman, Tain View Post

I'm glad you are enjoying it

Bill
          I hear Nicola is letting you out soon

Comment

I hear Nicola is letting you out soon
            To be fair (with the exception of the Nike conference debacle) I think she has done OK. Like all of the UK the ball was smashed when it was dropped over Care Homes and I think easing the regulations should be done regionally.

But to have stopped Golf was bizarre.

Bill

Lawnmowerman

Comment

Originally posted by Lawnmowerman, Tain View Post

To be fair (with the exception of the Nike conference debacle) I think she has done OK. Like all of the UK the ball was smashed when it was dropped over Care Homes and I think easing the regulations should be done regionally.

But to have stopped Golf was bizarre.

Bill
              I’m not her biggest fan but I think she’s doing an excellent job.

What’s it with you men and your golf? 🙄🙈😂😂
              don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

I need to get some lube for mine if the tyres stay up.
                Any recs?
                Just the chainset not planning on stripping down the rest yet.
                ​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post

I need to get some lube for mine if the tyres stay up.
                  Any recs?
                  Just the chainset not planning on stripping down the rest yet.
                  ​​​​
                  Motorbike, I now use a Titanium Dri Gel Lube, bit more expensive but then the current chain and sprockets have done around 30k. Using cheaper lubes I have had to replace chain and sprockets at around 10k. Have convinced myself it is the lube and not me slowing down

Comment

Motorbike, I now use a Titanium Dri Gel Lube, bit more expensive but then the current chain and sprockets have done around 30k. Using cheaper lubes I have had to replace chain and sprockets at around 10k. Have convinced myself it is the lube and not me slowing down
                    Thanks.
                    Just a pushbike, the motorbikes, used to get the hot melt bath treatment on the chains, the last was honda st70(s reg 1977 bought second hand as a runabout and fit in a car boot) been sitting in the garage over 20years.

Should just sell it it a project I will never get round to even covid times.

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post

Hi Mike
                      Good old Nicola!!
                      Alls well with the world,you can start playing golf again......

'Nicola Sturgeon has announced people in Scotland will be allowed to meet friends outdoors, sunbathe and start shopping at garden centres from 28 May as she unveiled the slow easing of the lockdown.

Sturgeon confirmed outdoor sports such as tennis and golf could restart next week and people could visit nearby parks and beauty spots. Outdoor cafes, recycling centres and drive-through restaurants will also be permitted to reopen as part of the four-step plan she outlined for easing the lockdown.
                      JC
                      🥳 No doubt the heavens will open next weekend ⛳️

Comment

Originally posted by mike, lanarkshire View Post

🥳 No doubt the heavens will open next weekend ⛳️
                        Raining at 6 am here this morning,

Windy,com is showing uk rain for most of today, Scotland can add most of the weekend.

Comment

We got stuck with the all or nothing option with the lockdown, probably because as we have seen not all people cannot be trusted to stay sensible.

Taking golf and tennis as 2 activities that could have still operated under the social distancing guidelines, what other activities could have joined them?

I was thinking that safari parks could have continued there drive through option as could any other car based activity.

By limiting numbers and a one way system places like zoos could probably operate safely.

Some NT properties with extensive gardens and parking could have managed with reduced numbers(keeping the cars spaced out in the car park)

Various cycling activities can be done with ample separation road and offroad(although injury/recovery may be a unnecessary risk)

Comment

Seems the return of golf has been more popular with the men here but some of ladies may be glad to get their men out of the house for a while.

noticed yesterday that there is also some good news for the ladies...

Shoe prices are falling.

Comment

Originally posted by Issyalex, Glasgow View Post

I’m not her biggest fan but I think she’s doing an excellent job.

What’s it with you men and your golf? 🙄🙈😂😂
                              I agree with you. Before this all she could talk about was independence and Brexit and did not keep her eye on what she should have been doing like making sure all the other services worked well. It has been a tough balancing act between keeping locked down for another couple of weeks and going too slow for the economy ever to recover,but I have agreed with her strategy.

However we are all heading for a very deep recession with many, many millions set to become unemployed. Once the furlough scheme starts to reduce and employers expected to pay 25% of the wages, we will start to see millions more unemployed as employers will not have the income to pay, many more employers go bust and many relying on universal credit to survive.

If there are over 2 million unemployed now and nearly 8 million on furlough with a good proportion of this I think heading for unemployment, the treasury will swap furlough for universal credit for all the newly unemployed, with not much difference. Social distancing will be the death of a lot of employers in the holiday and leisure industry, as well as transport. How can you have 10% of your customers due to social distancing and still make a profitable business.

The other problem is that if people do not get back to work soon, there will be no economy, no generation and payment of taxes to the treasury and continuing borrowing just to keep the country running. Coronavirus will bankrupt the country which is a very depressing thought, especially as we were starting to get on our feet again and we were starting to be able to invest in our services again due to surplus.

I heard someone say they are looking to reduce China's involvement in this country after all this is over and so they should. Countries should refuse to do business with them until they stop their wild animal markets and step up to becoming more responsible, otherwise this will not be the last pandemic that comes out of China and bankrupts the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs, Tyne and Wear View Post

Love the mask fabric. Suits you!

Thank you Here is another one i made. This is me on an illicit shipping ship earlier this week I know i shouldnt have gone. I have a letter telling me not to leave the house until the end of June It was a long letter with some rather strange instructions. I am allowed to sit on my doorstep and do things i enjoy. The mind boggles. Hope the neighbours are not watching lol.
                                Anyway i enjoyed my trip into Beverley. Under normal circumstances I would have gone on my bike but it is impossible to keep to social distancing on the cycle track so i drove mycar for the first time since lockdown.

It seemed very strange to see lots of shops closed and people stood like statues in orderly lines waiting to enter. The shop i went in was very well organised. I was given a basket as entered which j was assured had been sanitised Then i was given some disposable gloves. It was a bit difficult feeling the fabric i wanted to buy wearing the gloves. It was a hot day and with the mask and gloves combination I thought to going to catch fire!

I managed to get everything i wanted and avoid close contact but it although i enjoyed getting out it really was quite stressful and i wont be in a hurry to repeat the experience.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                                X