• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It was always Suspected....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was always Suspected....

Hi All

From the Telegraph: (probably a Paywall)

Tesco Boss says middle classes in South of England responsible for stockpiling!

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...s-tescos-boss/

One slight quibble - was it just the south of England??

Annie

Could be the better off, certainly. I suspect people on lower incomes may not have had the money to buy excessively. Whether it is just in the South I couldn't say.

Comment

Tbh, based on the shelves in our local supermarkets, I think everyone has been guilty of it to some extent. Stockpiling or just panic buying ?
      Last edited by mike, lanarkshire; 9th April 2020, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mike, lanarkshire View Post
        Tbh, based on the shelves in our local supermarkets, I think everyone has been guilty of it to some extent. Stockpiling or just panic buying ?
        I have not physically visited a supermarket in over 3 weeks. However my 'flunky' reports that Aldi has removed all restrictions.

I watched the Tesco advert last night and loved the bit where they said we may ask you to wait in your car. Note to all supermarkets, not all your shoppers arrive by car.

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post
          Hi All

From the Telegraph: (probably a Paywall)

Tesco Boss says middle classes in South of England responsible for stockpiling!

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...s-tescos-boss/

One slight quibble - was it just the south of England??

Annie

”It was always suspected”

By who, this is first time I have seen this mentioned anywhere, not on the daily social media and on line news outlets sites I visit daily..

I visited Asda yesterday, rather than needing a weekly shop my wife gave me a small list of items, I was able to get all except one item , milk, fresh baked bread (not packet slice bread), hot cross in store baked buns etc.etc. All shelf’s appeared fully stocked, when my wife did weekly shop last week in Tesco no milk, today in Asda fully stocked.

Visited Asda approx 2/30 pm rather than early morning, only 6 people in queue in front of me, after a few minutes we were all let in together keeping our social distancing as marked on floor, arrows also on floor showing direction to walk down all isles, which every body was keeping to in line, although store was probably the emptiest I have ever seen it. Wish shopping was always like this.

We have not found the need to stock pile any items during this crises and have managed to keep to our normal diet.
          Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

As my hubby was driving me home from work today we couldn’t help but notice that our local Tesco had a queue and a half going on due to the bank holiday weekend. I know I don’t have a roast in for Sunday, but my son can go out and get something for us as we have all the other bits for a nice Sunday dinner. Combining this with the other thread what I’m going to miss is sharing that Sunday dinner with our daughter and her family. 😔

Take care and Stay well. Helen

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
            best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
            agree to our cookie policy

Working...
            X