• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Social Distancing: Will London be forced to close the parks??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Social Distancing: Will London be forced to close the parks??

Hi All

From the Standard:- Greenwich Park.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/l...-a4407111.html

Which part of the social distancing rules do they not understand??

Annie

• annie, Glasgow
    replied
    Originally posted by Issyalex, Glasgow View Post
    I know it must be awful if you live in a high rise flat or worse still a bed sit during lockdown especially when the weather is good, but I just hope people will obey the rules this weekend and every other day. There are too many front line workers dying trying to save patients. We need to stay in if we want to return to some normality sooner rather than later.
    I hope so too Issy.

However there is a 'class' in the country who think the rules don't apply to them. Their breaches range from driving the family, complete with canoes to the Lakes to renting a country house for a party. There are also alas the covidiots who throw drinking parties in their homes and they receive a £60 ticket at most! |

A friend has indicated the peak in the UK may not reach certain parts of the UK until the beginning of June whereas they think London may already be at peak. It will be interesting to see how the government handles that.

Annie

Leave a comment:

• Issyalex, Glasgow
    replied
    I know it must be awful if you live in a high rise flat or worse still a bed sit during lockdown especially when the weather is good, but I just hope people will obey the rules this weekend and every other day. There are too many front line workers dying trying to save patients. We need to stay in if we want to return to some normality sooner rather than later.

Leave a comment:

• Lawnmowerman, Tain
    replied
    Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
    Yes - I think everyone apart from the experts....

Bill

Leave a comment:

• Cooke, Ashby
    replied
    There seem to be a lot of. Order policemen about. Do you think they have bets on who can interpret the rules in the daftest way?

Leave a comment:

• Topdeck, London
    replied
    Who knew....

https://news.sky.com/story/amp/coron...arket-11971373

Leave a comment:

• annie, Glasgow
    replied
    Originally posted by Lawnmowerman, Tain View Post

Thought it was once per day for exercise.

Bill
    Advice was only verbal. It was never QAd

BTW the number of times a dog can be exercised - was it specified??

Devil is always in the detail.

Reminds me of 'back of the fag packet' budgets

Annie

Leave a comment:

• Delboy, Essex
    replied

What are the rules on exercise?
    Warnings to stay away from beaches, national parks and other destinations were made in the run-up to the weekend as forecasters predicted warm weather. In some areas on Sunday temperatures exceeded 20C.
    If you have to go outside you should stay more than 2m (6ft) apart from anyone other than members of your own household. This is what's known as social distancing.
    ■ Government guidance urges people to "stay local", use open spaces near their home and avoid unnecessary travel
    ■ Guidance to police says that the public shouldn't be sanctioned for "travelling a reasonable distance to exercise" - although no definition has been given
    ■ People should only exercise once a day, although in England, Scotland and Northern Ireland there is no legal ban on exercising more than that. In Wales, which sets its own health regulations, exercising more than once a day is now illegal - and potentially a criminal offence
    ■ You can exercise alone or with members of your own household
    ■ Gatherings of more than two in parks and public spaces have been banned (ruling out most team sports)
    ■ Dogs can be walked as part of a person's daily exercise
    No mention is given to how long you can exercise for. But Cabinet Office minister Michael Gove has said: "I would have thought for most people a walk of up to an hour, a run of 30 minutes or a cycle ride of between that, depending on their level of fitness, is appropriate."
    Police have wide-ranging powers to help fight coronavirus by enforcing social distancing measures.

Leave a comment:

• PeterM, Southwell
    replied
    Once a day was the advice. The actual regulations don't specify how many times, or or how long.

Leave a comment:

• Lawnmowerman, Tain
    replied
    Originally posted by PeterM, Southwell View Post

Quite easily misunderstood when the official regulations permit going out for exercise with no limit on number of times per day. People will also fail to understand why they can't be in a park, well spread out when they see hordes of people coming off tube trains, shoulder to shoulder.
    Thought it was once per day for exercise.

Bill

Leave a comment:

• annie, Glasgow
    replied
    Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post
    I had to go to our local shops today to pick up my mums repeat prescription.

Nice orderly queue outside Lidl, another one outside Tesco, and the queue for the chemist, was going out into the car park. I'm not normally a bossy person, but I couldn't believe how silly it was. So I said, 'It's probably not the best place for a queue, I'm going to queue on the path down here, so the 4 people in the road came in front of me, nice and spaced out, and then people arriving queued behind me. I can't believe how silly some people are, one women said to me, oh, thank you, I nearly got run over.

Crazy times and crazy people .................................................. .......................................Carol
    Well done you

Common sense is not so common Carol.

I will have to visit the pharmacist next week and not looking forward to it. Very narrow shop - they need a traffic light system - JMO.

Annie

Leave a comment:

• carol, welwyn garden city
    replied
    I had to go to our local shops today to pick up my mums repeat prescription.

Nice orderly queue outside Lidl, another one outside Tesco, and the queue for the chemist, was going out into the car park. I'm not normally a bossy person, but I couldn't believe how silly it was. So I said, 'It's probably not the best place for a queue, I'm going to queue on the path down here, so the 4 people in the road came in front of me, nice and spaced out, and then people arriving queued behind me. I can't believe how silly some people are, one women said to me, oh, thank you, I nearly got run over.

Crazy times and crazy people .................................................. .......................................Carol

Leave a comment:

• PeterM, Southwell
    replied
    Originally posted by Cooke, Ashby View Post
    Fines are not high enough. There needs to be some consistency between police forces. How many ways are there to misunderstand “STAY HOME”
    Quite easily misunderstood when the official regulations permit going out for exercise with no limit on number of times per day. People will also fail to understand why they can't be in a park, well spread out when they see hordes of people coming off tube trains, shoulder to shoulder.

Leave a comment:

• annie, Glasgow
    replied
    Sunbathing has been banned:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lying-sun.html

Annie

Leave a comment:

• Delboy, Essex
    replied
    Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

But people are travelling from the Midlands to North Wales for windsurfung??

Police in Scotland issued fines on 3 people in a van??

We need some consistency.

Annie

Annie

I agree, this was his original video which not only explains his situation, but is also very good photography wise in Glen Affric Scotland.

Since then there has been another video from the person in Wales who offered him a temporary base.

Leave a comment:

We use cookies to give you the
best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
agree to our cookie policy

Working...
X