• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Social Distancing: Will London be forced to close the parks??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Issyalex, Glasgow View Post

no sad Annie. She should have resigned right away or better still follow her own advice. No one is indispensable and certainly not one who cannot follow her own advice.
    I agree she was very silly doing what she did but I think she was a good CMO - JMO.

Who would want that job now?

Annie

PS Have we heard from Chris Whitty??
    Last edited by annie, Glasgow; 5th April 2020, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

I agree she was very silly doing what she did but I think she was a good CMO - JMO.

Who would want that job now?

Annie
      Experienced person who want their 15 mins of fame and hopefully one that will follow their own instructions.
      don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

In the interest of full disclosure we are living at our son’s second home at the moment. He offered us the use of it while our kitchen was being renovated, so we moved up here for what was to be about three weeks. A week into the reno, with all cabinets, plumbing and electrical removed, the virus struck and non essential work had to stop. We thought it was pretty essential, but at least we had somewhere else to live, so we are in the country for the foreseeable future. I can’t imagine what it would be like living in isolation with only a microwave for cooking, the fridge in the living room and having to wash dishes in the bathroom.

I appreciate the concerns of those who live in country areas where medical facilities and shops can’t cope with an influx of seasonal residents, and in different circumstances we would have been at home, but right now we are thankful that our son has a second home where we can isolate in comfort.
        Sheila

Comment

And I’m sure your son and his family are very relieved that you living somewhere safe and not having to ‘camp out’ in the chaos of your own home at this difficult time.

Comment

I know of a photographer who travels around the UK making a living from his photography, he lives permanently in a camper van it’s his home, he has received threats to burn his van unless he moves on.

Was offered a base to park his van in the yard of a fellow photographers home on the Isle of Anglesey in Wales during the present crises, but police were stopping people such as those in camper vans from travelling, also the person who offered him the place to park, could not guarantee his safety due to local vigilante groups.
            Last edited by Delboy, Essex; 6th April 2020, 01:10 PM.
            Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy, Essex View Post
              I know of a photographer who travels around the UK making a living from his photography, he lives permanently in a camper van and he has received threats to burn his van unless he moves on.

Was offered a base to park his van in the yard of a fellow photographers home on the Isle of Anglesey in Wales during the present crises, but police were stopping people such as those in camper vans from travelling, also the person who offered him the place to park, could not guarantee his safety due to local vigilante groups.
              But people are travelling from the Midlands to North Wales for windsurfung??

Police in Scotland issued fines on 3 people in a van??

We need some consistency.

Annie

Comment

Fines are not high enough. There needs to be some consistency between police forces. How many ways are there to misunderstand “STAY HOME”

Comment

Originally posted by Cooke, Ashby View Post
                  Fines are not high enough. There needs to be some consistency between police forces. How many ways are there to misunderstand “STAY HOME”
                  The guidance was badly drafted - JMO.

Totally agree - let's go for a hybrid of the Italian Fines (£1000) and Irish distance rules (2 km)

Then there can be no arguments.

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

But people are travelling from the Midlands to North Wales for windsurfung??

Police in Scotland issued fines on 3 people in a van??

We need some consistency.

Annie

Annie

I agree, this was his original video which not only explains his situation, but is also very good photography wise in Glen Affric Scotland.

Since then there has been another video from the person in Wales who offered him a temporary base.

Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

Sunbathing has been banned:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lying-sun.html

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by Cooke, Ashby View Post
                        Quite easily misunderstood when the official regulations permit going out for exercise with no limit on number of times per day. People will also fail to understand why they can't be in a park, well spread out when they see hordes of people coming off tube trains, shoulder to shoulder.

Comment

I had to go to our local shops today to pick up my mums repeat prescription.

Nice orderly queue outside Lidl, another one outside Tesco, and the queue for the chemist, was going out into the car park. I'm not normally a bossy person, but I couldn't believe how silly it was. So I said, 'It's probably not the best place for a queue, I'm going to queue on the path down here, so the 4 people in the road came in front of me, nice and spaced out, and then people arriving queued behind me. I can't believe how silly some people are, one women said to me, oh, thank you, I nearly got run over.

Crazy times and crazy people .................................................. .......................................Carol

Comment

Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post
                            I had to go to our local shops today to pick up my mums repeat prescription.

Nice orderly queue outside Lidl, another one outside Tesco, and the queue for the chemist, was going out into the car park. I'm not normally a bossy person, but I couldn't believe how silly it was. So I said, 'It's probably not the best place for a queue, I'm going to queue on the path down here, so the 4 people in the road came in front of me, nice and spaced out, and then people arriving queued behind me. I can't believe how silly some people are, one women said to me, oh, thank you, I nearly got run over.

Crazy times and crazy people .................................................. .......................................Carol
                            Well done you

Common sense is not so common Carol.

I will have to visit the pharmacist next week and not looking forward to it. Very narrow shop - they need a traffic light system - JMO.

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by PeterM, Southwell View Post

Quite easily misunderstood when the official regulations permit going out for exercise with no limit on number of times per day. People will also fail to understand why they can't be in a park, well spread out when they see hordes of people coming off tube trains, shoulder to shoulder.
                              Thought it was once per day for exercise.

Bill

Lawnmowerman

Comment

Once a day was the advice. The actual regulations don't specify how many times, or or how long.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                                X