• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Social Distancing: Will London be forced to close the parks??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duputy leader?A Specsavers trip for you too perhaps?
    Stupid statement by her if thats what she said,I havent seen it,but no less stupid than David Davies...
    Politicians on both sides have questioned the wisdom of the lockdown and suggested watering it down.Not helpful.
    Last edited by philhar, wallasey; 5th April 2020, 06:03 PM. Reason: Omission

Comment

Originally posted by andyn, Bucks View Post

Does the garage count as a second home?
      Man cave!

Bill

Lawnmowerman

Comment

There are idiots in all countries, I'm sure. Children's playgrounds were closed here, with chains put across the entrances. In several places, the chains were cut off and children were using the swings and slides with parents looking on. These were under 10 year olds, not teenagers who could have removed the chains themselves.
        Sheila

Comment

The kids play area near us was shut with an A4 laminated sheet of paper and 2 cable ties, one tie broke in the wind a couple of weeks ago.

Not seen anyone using it but don't go past on every exercise expeditions.

Comment

Meanwhile, this story is beyond belief:

https://nation.cymru/news/second-hom...ales-at-night/

Second home owners are sharing tips so that they can sneak into Wales while avoiding police enforcing a ban on unnecessary travel, an MP has said.

Dwyfor Meirionnydd MP Liz Saville Roberts said that tourists were sneaking in at night in order to avoid detection, or even accepting the £60 fines and travelling on.

“I’m really sorry to have to make this message today but it’s evident that people are still arriving at their second homes and their holiday homes,” she said in a video message.

“The police are doing the best they can with the resources that are available to them and they do ask local people who have any reports of people travelling to such accommodation to contact them via email or via webchat.

“But we also have accounts of people with holiday homes sharing advice with each other to travel at night to avoid the police.

“And even the people who don’t care if they’re fined when they travel – they’ve set out and they want to arrive.

“Now, for people who are thinking about this, the rules are there for a reason. If you think you’re the exception to the rule, think again. You’re not. There are no exceptions in a pandemic.

“In south Gwynedd we do not have sufficient medical resources to cope with extra people. The shops don’t have the supplied to be able to cope with extra people.”

Comment

Originally posted by Victoria, Aberystwyth View Post
              Meanwhile, this story is beyond belief:

https://nation.cymru/news/second-hom...ales-at-night/

Second home owners are sharing tips so that they can sneak into Wales while avoiding police enforcing a ban on unnecessary travel, an MP has said.

Dwyfor Meirionnydd MP Liz Saville Roberts said that tourists were sneaking in at night in order to avoid detection, or even accepting the £60 fines and travelling on.

“I’m really sorry to have to make this message today but it’s evident that people are still arriving at their second homes and their holiday homes,” she said in a video message.

“The police are doing the best they can with the resources that are available to them and they do ask local people who have any reports of people travelling to such accommodation to contact them via email or via webchat.

“But we also have accounts of people with holiday homes sharing advice with each other to travel at night to avoid the police.

“And even the people who don’t care if they’re fined when they travel – they’ve set out and they want to arrive.

“Now, for people who are thinking about this, the rules are there for a reason. If you think you’re the exception to the rule, think again. You’re not. There are no exceptions in a pandemic.

“In south Gwynedd we do not have sufficient medical resources to cope with extra people. The shops don’t have the supplied to be able to cope with extra people.”
              OK it is has to be the Italian rules then - £1000 fine or 6 months prison sentence.

They just don't bl***y get it do they??

Annie

PS Now that BJ has been hospitalised, the penny may drop??
              Last edited by annie, Glasgow; 5th April 2020, 08:46 PM.

Comment

I am in my house, and luckily my little garden, I wouldn't have a clue who was where, cos I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing and staying in!!

Who is seeing all these people? Why are they out? If everyone moaning about everyone else being out, stayed in, there would be a lot less people out!!

JUST STAY IN .................................................. .........................Carol

Comment

Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post
                  I am in my house, and luckily my little garden, I wouldn't have a clue who was where, cos I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing and staying in!!

Who is seeing all these people? Why are they out? If everyone moaning about everyone else being out, stayed in, there would be a lot less people out!!

JUST STAY IN .................................................. .........................Carol
                  Completely agree.

I am jealous I couldn't sit in my garden - too cold!

Well the UK is No 1 in Europe today for new cases - I don't want us to be No 1.

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by Issyalex, Glasgow View Post

I was disgusted and angry when I heard this on the TV earlier today. Not only once but twice travelling to her holiday home. IMO She should resign. She cannot preach one thing to the masses, disapprove of people going to parks etc and disregard your own advice so you can do what you want!
                    She has resigned Issy - very sad but the right thing to do.

Annie

Comment

She should have been sacked.....perhaps a better /clearer message.

Comment

I don't think she has had her resignation accepted?
                        Last edited by Tracey, East Yorkshire; 6th April 2020, 09:46 AM. Reason: Spelling.....

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

Annie
                          Why is it sad? She should have been sacked.
                          Jill

Comment

Originally posted by Smith7 View Post

Why is it sad? She should have been sacked.
                            Gross misconduct.

Bit of a krankie response by the glorious leader

Comment

Originally posted by Tracey, East Yorkshire View Post
                              I don't think she has had her resonagation accepted?
                              It has been now.

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

Annie
                                no sad Annie. She should have resigned right away or better still follow her own advice. No one is indispensable and certainly not one who cannot follow her own advice.
                                don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                                X