• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Social Distancing: Will London be forced to close the parks??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are talking about banning daily exercise now because some people cannot understand simple instructions.

Comment

Originally posted by mike, lanarkshire View Post

Good response from a cruise. veteran 👍

How do you know it’s the north ? South is far more affluent, well in some parts.
      Your post on another thread leave the clues and I will use them

Annie

PS I very rarely visit Lanarkshire
      Last edited by annie, Glasgow; 5th April 2020, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Just been for our first outing for 2 weeks as we’ve been self isolating. I say outing, it was a gentle stroll to the front a quick call at a friends to have a chat on her doorstep, at least 3 metres apart and my DH sanitised his hands and her doorbell before ringing it. She’s having problems at the moment so we felt we needed to try and keep her spirits up. We were very impressed with how people were keeping to the rules, although there were not many about! Sadly we have near neighbours who seem to think they are absolved from any rules and continue as if everything is totally normal. She works in the NHS on the clerical side, her children are all adults so should know better, to say we are appalled is an understatement! The only family who did not join the applause for the NHS!

Comment

Just been across the Downs, not many people about, all staying away from each other. Got a photo of empty hills.
          6 cars on the verge alongside the car park, all of them with a ticket

Comment

Very good round here. Perhaps a few more people seen whilst I was out on my bike this morning, say 10 or 12 instead of the usual half dozen or so. The only exception was the group of bikers who roared past me when I was on the way home from the supermarket. Don't think they were on a shopping trip, and hopefully they were pulled up at some point. Supermarket was very quiet this morning, and they had toilet rolls, but no cleaning products which is a worry.

Comment

New Deputy Labour leader attacks Health Secretary for criticising people for sunbathing in public areas. Says social distancing should be “reasonable and proportionate” and that it is easy for those in big houses.

The virus doesn’t care about rich or poor, big houses or small houses, reasonable or proportionate self distancing, it just attacks and potentially kills all it comes in contact with regardless.

Par for the course, nothing changes.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnR, Chippenham View Post
                New Deputy Labour leader attacks Health Secretary for criticising people for sunbathing in public areas. Says social distancing should be “reasonable and proportionate” and that it is easy for those in big houses.

The virus doesn’t care about rich or poor, big houses or small houses, reasonable or proportionate self distancing, it just attacks and potentially kills all it comes in contact with regardless.

Par for the course, nothing changes.
                and then there's the truth........................

Sir Keir said Labour would support the government if it decides to take the step of further restrictions, including on exercising outside the home.

He was it was "particularly difficult" for those who do not have gardens or live in overcrowded homes, but he said: "We have got to get through this. Every time people break the guidance from the government, they put other people at risk".

as you say, par for the course, nothing changes

Like I keep saying, always worth actually researching what you post (BBC iPlayer for the interview if you want to watch it)
                Last edited by andyn, Bucks; 5th April 2020, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by andyn, Bucks View Post

and then there's the truth........................

Sir Keir said Labour would support the government if it decides to take the step of further restrictions, including on exercising outside the home.

He was it was "particularly difficult" for those who do not have gardens or live in overcrowded homes, but he said: "We have got to get through this. Every time people break the guidance from the government, they put other people at risk".

as you say, par for the course, nothing changes

Like I keep saying, always worth actually researching what you post before you look a fool
                  I agree.

It is very clear. I referred to the new DUPUTY LEADER and her appearance on the Sophy Ridge show this morning, not the new leader.

Specsavers?

Comment

Originally posted by JohnR, Chippenham View Post
                    I agree.

It is very clear. I referred to the new DUPUTY LEADER and her appearance on the Sophy Ridge show this morning, not the new leader.

Specsavers?
                    Sorry, so you did, but then her answer is much the same

"Iif you're stuck in inadequate accommodation, you've got no back garden, you've got nowhere to go and you're all on top of each other, quite literally, then I think people should do social distancing and should keep their distance but also be reasonable and proportionate about that."

Going to be interesting if that is considered an attack

Comment

Apparently Alan Sugar and Piers Morgan are having a spat on twitter on the very same subject.

Annie

Comment

We are fortunate that we have quite a large garden to get some fresh air/ sunshine in. We do however realise that some do not, so, if you have a space you can use, do that, and leave open air public spaces to those who have no access to outdoor spaces! Sadly the Covidiots, wether they have access to private space or not, will continue to put the rest of us at risk!

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield, Waterlooville View Post
                          I was disgusted and angry when I heard this on the TV earlier today. Not only once but twice travelling to her holiday home. IMO She should resign. She cannot preach one thing to the masses, disapprove of people going to parks etc and disregard your own advice so you can do what you want!
                          don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Originally posted by Issyalex, Glasgow View Post

I was disgusted and angry when I heard this on the TV earlier today. Not only once but twice travelling to her holiday home. IMO She should resign. She cannot preach one thing to the masses, disapprove of people going to parks etc and disregard your own advice so you can do what you want!
                            She did offer her resignation but it was refused. I think it should have been accepted and I like Calderwood but what the he** was she thinking??

Annie

Comment

I am definitely not visiting my second home - oh, wait, I don't have one.

But if I did, I wouldn't!

Bill

Lawnmowerman

Comment

Originally posted by Lawnmowerman, Tain View Post
                                I am definitely not visiting my second home - oh, wait, I don't have one.

But if I did, I wouldn't!

Bill
                                Does the garage count as a second home?

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                                X