• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many cases of covid-19 in your area

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many cases of covid-19 in your area

On the BBC website the following https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51768274 allows you to put in a post code or area and shows how many cases have been recorded there.

Interestingly Bristol with a population slightly smaller than the whole county of Wiltshire has a 30% higher level of confirmed cases. Not surprising as Wiltshire is a very sparsely populated county but best perhaps to stay away from big towns and cities if possible.

65 cases out of a population of 321,800 in Highland region - 0.02 as a percentage.

Bill

Lawnmowerman

Comment

56 confirmed cases in East Riding of Yorkshire. Population 379,614. I am sure tbere will be more we dont know about.

Comment

Originally posted by ilovesunshine, east yorks View Post
        56 confirmed cases in East Riding of Yorkshire. Population 379,614. I am sure tbere will be more we dont know about.
        Even lower than Highland.

Bill

Lawnmowerman

Comment

342 confirmed cases in Derbyshire, Population 796,142

167 confirmed cases in Derby, Population 257,174

Comment

The health boards in Mid/North/West Wales cover huge areas as the main population areas are in the South.

My area is Hywel Dda University Health Board. 134 confirmed cases, population of 385,615.

Comment

114 cases out of population of 568,210 in Cornwall with 21 deaths . We had very low numbers here until the influx of second home owners came pouring down from London! Very sore point amongst us Cornish folks.

My step daughter has the virus, probably caught on the Oxford buses which were rammed packed, she wasn’t allowed to work from home until the day before lockdown. She’s normally fit & healthy so we’re hoping & praying she manages to avoid being hospitalised.

Comment

Originally posted by cruisinpat, Cornwall View Post
                114 cases out of population of 568,210 in Cornwall with 21 deaths . We had very low numbers here until the influx of second home owners came pouring down from London! Very sore point amongst us Cornish folks.

My step daughter has the virus, probably caught on the Oxford buses which were rammed packed, she wasn’t allowed to work from home until the day before lockdown. She’s normally fit & healthy so we’re hoping & praying she manages to avoid being hospitalised.
                Probably true of Wales too!

Comment

Well it says there are over 500 cases in Hertfordshire, out of a population of over a 1,000.000 and then underneath it says not all cases have been tested. So they don't really know, it's just a guess I know a couple of people who have rung 111 and just been told to stay in and keep away from people. Unless you are taken into hospital, I suppose we will never really know the true amount .................................................. ...........................Carol

Comment

Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post
                    Well it says there are over 500 cases in Hertfordshire, out of a population of over a 1,000.000 and then underneath it says not all cases have been tested. So they don't really know, it's just a guess I know a couple of people who have rung 111 and just been told to stay in and keep away from people. Unless you are taken into hospital, I suppose we will never really know the true amount .................................................. ...........................Carol
                    I am with you on this Carol - I believe the true numbers to be much higher.

On the other hand, I am curious do you know of anyone who has claimed they have had the mild version of COVID 19.

The SIL of a sister claims she has had it but she always claims she catches everything

Annie

Comment

Wokingham, 67 out of 167,000, I would guess that many of those will be from folks who commuted into London for work,

Comment

My elderly neighbour with 'underlying issues' has had it.
                        She was poorly but has recovered at home, on her own

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

I am with you on this Carol - I believe the true numbers to be much higher.

On the other hand, I am curious do you know of anyone who has claimed they have had the mild version of COVID 19.

The SIL of a sister claims she has had it but she always claims she catches everything

Annie
                          I only know one person, who again hasn't been tested, but has been quite poorly. She was prescribed anti-biotics over the phone. So who knows.

I know its a really nasty virus, but I feel so sorry for anyone with anything else wrong, our local hospital has closed down most of its wards. My friend works there she said it's eerily empty at the moment. (To be fair lets hope it stays that way, virus wise anyway)
                          .................................................. ........................Carol

Comment

298 in Notts out of 823000, around 0.036% of the population. Similar percentage in the city of Nottingham. As others have said, these figures are meaningless as so few has been tested. Even my daughter as a Emergency dept sister, and who thinks she's had it, hasn't been tested. She's back at work and in the thick of it. She does have proper PPE and reports that her dept is quiet, thankfully.

Comment

I’m not clicking on that link, the details are already available on the net elsewhere. Was rather hoping that this forum would remain a pleasant diversion from all the facts and figures being thrown at us elsewhere online, in the broadcast news and the press. Just saying.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X