• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reducing the lockdown

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smith7 View Post

I wish I could put that on my FB page. It really hits home doesn't it?

there are copies around on twitter

to share on FB try this link

https://www.cruise.co.uk/forum/filed...tch?id=1309679

or this one

https://i.redd.it/kxo89czn9qq41.png
    Last edited by Topdeck, London; 4th April 2020, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post

there are copies around on twitter

to share on FB try this link

https://www.cruise.co.uk/forum/filed...tch?id=1309679

or this one

https://i.redd.it/kxo89czn9qq41.png
      Thanks TD.
      Jill

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
        Hi Issy
        This one makes the point perfectly.

image.jpeg

The answer to when the lockdown will be eased will only come after the result of testing,testing and more testing.
        JC
        This photo is so thought provoking. I saw this photo on FB and hope it makes people think.
        don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Seems there are exemptions to the lockdown when you need some fruit or veg picking.

Why can't they redeploy those that are getting subsidised.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/business-52293061

Comment

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
            Seems there are exemptions to the lockdown when you need some fruit or veg picking.

Why can't they redeploy those that are getting subsidised.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/business-52293061
            Or people like teachers who aren’t working but are getting paid?

Comment

Originally posted by Issyalex, Glasgow View Post

Can’t speak for all, but the teachers I know are working, 'virtually'.

Comment

Originally posted by Issyalex, Glasgow View Post

All the teachers in my former school are working and were also working on rota during their Easter holidays,

Comment

My daughter is a teacher and has had no Easter break because they are opening schools to provide cover for key workers who need child care. She has no PPE and has said how could she wear it if was provided without scaring some of the smaller children.

The teaching is in a hub, not even her actual school, with some children she has never met before. I admit to being worried for her and the fact she has to take my 7 year old granddaughter with her to work. The staff are so dedicated and are doing there absolute best for those children but they are under a lot of stress which isn't recognised...Carol

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

I hate to tell you Carol, we haven't completed 2 weeks of the Boris lockdown yet.

The medics say the cycle is on average 3 weeks from 1st contracting the virus, to showing symptoms and coming out on the other side.

The CMO for Scotland thinks that every death represents 1000 cases of covid.19. Each patient in ICU represents a further 500 cases.

So just using Scotland's numbers (162 deaths and 126 ICU patients) , she thinks we may have as many as 225,000 cases of the virus in Scotland alone Scary. That is approx.3.75% population which if true of the UK could mean over 2,400,000 cases in the UK. Some people could have had the virus but it was so mild, they didn't notice and have recovered.

We need to look carefully at the numbers just after Easter.

Annie

my friends in-laws have been in hospital for 2 weeks and are COVID positive but she thinks they have COVID for at least one week prior to admission. So after three weeks Her MIL was re-tested 2 days ago and she is still positive, her FIL hasn’t been retested yet. No one knows the in’s and out’s of this virus as it keeps mutating.

Comment

Originally posted by Victoria, Aberystwyth View Post

All the teachers in my former school are working and were also working on rota during their Easter holidays,
                      My husbands friend is a secondary school teacher as is our neighbours daughter and neither are working. One is a biology teacher and the other teaches drama. I would have thought at least they would have been doing online lessons but they’re not.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post
                        The Great British Public can't even follow lockdown in some areas so ''gradual'' would be a pipedream.

​​​​​​​Keep the lockdown and increase it
                        You are so right Mrs M, I shuddered when some asked that question on our local news last night, fortunately some bright spark asked if county by county could be reopened depending on the breakdown of the virus. We live in Cornwall and have the lowest in the country, imagine opening the borders to all who want to holiday here? They could start another spread we have to all be free

Than goodness the professor said there is no way that could be allowed, at least we know where the numbers are at present , the movement from County to county could start a new epidemic .
                        sigpic

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                        best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                        agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                        X