• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Treats to help entertain oneself during lock down

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Treats to help entertain oneself during lock down

Has anyone else made a one off purchase to help pass the time during the next 3 weeks and beyond?

I have wanted one of these for a long time as soon as the lock down was announced I ordered it, delivered yesterday
    7864DF9A-8453-4B93-87AA-43F89F3FA707.jpeg

Got a few bits and pieces for the bike, some decals, sliders and bar ends. Going to be doing a bit of servicing, new chain and sprockets, oil and plugs........should keep me busy

Comment

I haven't bought anything, but plan to service my classic car. I have what I need, but one thing I'm not clear about is whether I'm allowed to take it for a drive to warm the oil up before I empty the old oil. I wouldn't get out of the car, just drive it 5 or 10 miles to get it warmed up. It's not a journey as such, and I'm not putting myself or anyone else at risk. Any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by PeterM, Southwell View Post
        I haven't bought anything, but plan to service my classic car. I have what I need, but one thing I'm not clear about is whether I'm allowed to take it for a drive to warm the oil up before I empty the old oil. I wouldn't get out of the car, just drive it 5 or 10 miles to get it warmed up. It's not a journey as such, and I'm not putting myself or anyone else at risk. Any thoughts?
        You are allowed to drive somewhere to get some exercise, so would changing the oil count as exercise?

Comment

Originally posted by PeterM, Southwell View Post
          i'd go for it. You could be going to the local shop for milk??

Annie

Comment

Where we live we don't see a policeman from one decade to the next so we could have a hot rod rally with no problem although the noise might frighten the horses. To really cheat the rules put a tin of peas in a bag on the passengers seat! To be honest a gentle ride in quiet areas is surely not a problem.

However if the engine has not been started up for a while will the oil not have drained down just as much as warmer oil which has just been stirred up and is still coating most surfaces?

Comment

As my MOT the other day showed all functions are normal, I stockpiled half a dozen Snicker bars on Monday!!
              A mouse has been at them and I am down three already, Good job no HbA1c test for another year!

Comment

I’m knitting baby’s shawl in 2 ply and trying new recipes from my extensive collection of cookery books. Family favourite so far? Peanut butter cookies. Typical!

Comment

I decided to clear out a couple of neglected cupboards, I found an old £20, £10 and £5 note, they do look funny lots of old photos, which are fun to look back at.

Judith Peanut butter cookies sound amazing .................................................. .........Carol

Comment

0CED7FB8-15B6-4EFB-A4F6-925D05C56CE5.jpeg I like to upcycle furniture with chalk paint so I’m rather relieved that my favourite cupboard in my utility is full....

Past cruises:
                    Carnival Conquest October 2002
                    Independence of the Seas October 2012
                    Independence of the Seas May 2014
                    Explorer of the Seas June 2015
                    Norwegian Escape October 2015

Comment

6D48ECE2-3077-45EF-87F9-A83105BC31A8.jpeg

My daughter loves to bake. So whilst my baking cupboard is stocked she’s making something different daily. My mother in law is now looking forward to what cake is placed on her verandah daily.

Yesterday gluten free free lemon drizzle cake. I’ve just eaten the last slice 😜

Attached Files
                      Past cruises:

Comment

I'm going to watch all the past cruise videos we took over the years...…. I have been unable to watch them as I didn't think I would be able to watch and hear my late husband as if he was still here

But I need to remember what NORMAL life was once like

Carol
                        sigpic*Carol M*

Comment

Originally posted by Calgray, Yorkshire View Post
                          I'm going to watch all the past cruise videos we took over the years...…. I have been unable to watch them as I didn't think I would be able to watch and hear my late husband as if he was still here

Carol
                          Good idea Carol. I might dig mine out to remind us of happier times.
                          Jill

Comment

Originally posted by Calgray, Yorkshire View Post

Carol
                            Fantastic Carol.
                            I hope the happy memories you had with G will come flooding back. xx

I can't say this is entertaining as I'm generally a lousy cook but I can make great hearty soups.
                            I have orders from two of the elderly folk I'm shopping for, for containers of the stuff so at present, I have cooked up, this morning 16 Chinese takeaway plastic containers of pea and ham soup. I'll let them cool and so jell and I'll take them round tomorrow and they can freeze them.

Comment

92C9EEFE-9919-4EC1-AB28-2C65EB9BFC37.jpeg And this is me and my youngest daughter currently. We raided Grandmas jigsaw cupboard at the weekend. This one I bought for my father in law for his birthday several years ago. It took him nearly a year to do it. It won’t take us that long.

We are sat on the patio listening to music on Alexa

Past cruises:

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...