• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what would you do?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1fifthavenue, birmingham View Post
    Hi forum chums, I'm after your advice!

We have two cruises booked in April, the first on MSC Opera, a 5 night round trip from Barcelona over Easter. It ends on the Thursday following Easter Monday.

The second departs on the following Sunday, the 19th from Hamburg on MSC Preziosa.

The Preziosa cruise was booked first, and we've arranged to meet around 50 or so people onboard through our Facebook groups. As we've done Hamburg before we were going to go to Berlin but with the demise of Flybe our flight to Berlin no longer exists. The Preziosa cruise isn't negotiable given how many we've arranged to meet, some of whom are our clients.

With the Covid19 situation, MSC have offered that if we notify them 22 days prior to sailing that we can move to another cruise departing within 12 months then we can do, just pay the difference.

We've not yet booked flights for the BCN departure.

Really don't know what to do. Should we leave it and move the Opera cruise to something else? Fly to Barcelona, do that cruise, then on to Germany without coming home? Difficult to know the best thing to do?
    I would cancel the first cruise if it goes to Italy as this is a hot spot. I would then keep the second cruise and enjoy your cruise. However, only you can make this decision. If you are older or have health issues, then a cruise may not be a sensible option at this stage.

We are on a cruise in a week's time but this is only going to France, Portugal and Spain including Gibraltar. We are looking forward to it, but hope that the precautions of checking everyone before they get on the ship plus the extra work onboard, will be sufficient to keep us safe.

You could come across this virus anywhere, if you are shopping, going to work, meeting different people, but if you take sensible precautions like washing your hands and not touching your face with unwashed hands, then you have less risk of catching it. There are over 200 cases in the UK, so just like a cold, everyone has a risk of catching it.

Comment

I think on balance we're going to move the MSC Opera one with the news today about further measures being taken in Italy, certain cruises are now not allowing passengers who have travelled through Italy

Comment

I think on balance we're going to move the MSC Opera one with the news today about further measures being taken in Italy, certain cruises are now not allowing passengers who have travelled through Italy
        Good call

Annie

Comment

Wise choice in the circumstances.

As this "viral crisis" evolves we will see more and more such decisions, which Cruise line will be the first to lay up a ship or two?

John

Comment

It's certainly going to be an interesting time ahead. Med season starts again next month in gusto

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
            best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
            agree to our cookie policy

Working...
            X