• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greta Thunberg

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cornish girl, falmouth View Post
    Yes and no one worried about passing this Corona virus either did they, ? CG
    Really digging for something to criticize them for now the grass is growing back. There are a lot more events going on with more people than turned up for this protest. There were 45,000 at a football match last night. Let alone all the events over the weekend.
    Not going to mention that the crowdfunding was started by someone at the protest and the money raised is to be used for additional planting around Bristol.......thought not
    Last edited by andyn, Bucks; 4th March 2020, 11:42 AM.

Comment

She looks a happy bunny at the latest EU meeting..bored to tears.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...mpression=true

Garf.

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield, Waterlooville View Post
        She looks a happy bunny at the latest EU meeting..bored to tears.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...mpression=true

Garf.
        Many people with Aspergers find it difficult to smile.
        Jill

Comment

China and India could do a lot more but as could America, they are the countries to be preached to not us , we are already aware and doing out bit, no good if the rest won't join in it would be flogging a dead horse why is she not approaching these countries . ? I still think this is all stage managed by her parents irrespective of what you say Phil , her parents are in the driving seat.
          How do you know her parents are in the driving seat?She writes her own speeches and now she has turned 17 they don't accompany her on every trip.
          People have described her as naive and lacking experience but she is articulate,intelligent and quotes proper science.Give me her ,over a cynical vested interest politician ,or an anti Greta paid for by the car industry any day.
          She criticizes all countries she feels aren't doing enough.China and India won't let her in which is really poor.Trumps reaction to her criticizing the US is to abuse her on Twitter.Greta responds with humour.
          Seems to me she shows more maturity on this topic than those who should know better

Comment

Originally posted by smtcan, Scarborough View Post
            Interesting article Annie!

After seeing a chunk of Ice, supposedly the size of Paris, breaking off a glacier the rising sea levels make sense, although I am not sure how the size of Paris is measured - volume? square footage? Flooding and wild fires seem to be proliferating and it makes me wonder where it will all end.

Sheila
            https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-51742646

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by philhar, wallasey View Post

How do you know her parents are in the driving seat?She writes her own speeches and now she has turned 17 they don't accompany her on every trip.
              People have described her as naive and lacking experience but she is articulate,intelligent and quotes proper science.Give me her ,over a cynical vested interest politician ,or an anti Greta paid for by the car industry any day.
              She criticizes all countries she feels aren't doing enough.China and India won't let her in which is really poor.Trumps reaction to her criticizing the US is to abuse her on Twitter.Greta responds with humour.
              Seems to me she shows more maturity on this topic than those who should know better
              I stand by my comments Phil and you can stand by yours , I think she is being used by the very people who should be nurturing her.. I still believe they the parents are using her as their mouthpiece, because of her age and her ability to put it across better than them , so as I said 'they are in the driving seat!! Who says she writes her own speeches? , end of Phil ! I am not convinced.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by andyn, Bucks View Post

Really digging for something to criticize them for now the grass is growing back. There are a lot more events going on with more people than turned up for this protest. There were 45,000 at a football match last night. Let alone all the events over the weekend.
                Not going to mention that the crowdfunding was started by someone at the protest and the money raised is to be used for additional planting around Bristol.......thought not
                Grasping at Straws Andy,? I don't need to dig around for something to criticize them!! so the grass is growing back!! good for them !! won't be long before all l matches and meetings will be stopped in fact the rugby already has been , ohwell! CG
                sigpic

Comment

I stand by my comments Phil and you can stand by yours , I think she is being used by the very people who should be nurturing her.. I still believe they the parents are using her as their mouthpiece, because of her age and her ability to put it across better than them , so as I said 'they are in the driving seat!! Who says she writes her own speeches? , end of Phil ! I am not convinced.
                  Who says her parents are controlling her?The Telegraph?The Mail?
                  She has said in several articles she writes her own speeches,what source do you have to back up your claim that her parents write them?
                  I would trust her own words on this than a grubby journalist with "an angle"
                  Her parents tried to persuade her not to pursue this campaign, but relented when she demonstrated real passion.
                  I have no problem with people taking an opposing view, to her beliefs,far from it.When it becomes about her as a person, that's a different matter.
                  Plenty of occasions when it's the messenger not the message.
                  I don't believe she is a pawn in someone's game for one minute but you clearly do.
                  It certainly suits those that oppose the claims of climate change to argue that way.
                  Last edited by philhar, wallasey; 6th March 2020, 04:33 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

I am not a climate denier , just go back to the old ways of clearing the rivers etc and not building on the flood plains simple enough, those who opposed and stopped doing these tried and tested ways , you only have to look at the Somerset levels and see the improvements made there. Where do you read her views from then Phil? if not some Newspaper , magazine or other, you seem to believe your version!!
                    sigpic

Comment

I don't think clearing rivers and not building on flood plains will affect the climate

Who needs Greta, when the climate is so easy to fix

Comment

Originally posted by philhar, wallasey View Post
                        Who says her parents are controlling her?The Telegraph?The Mail?
                        She has said in several articles she writes her own speeches,what source do you have to back up your claim that her parents write them?
                        I would trust her own words on this than a grubby journalist with "an angle"
                        Her parents tried to persuade her not to pursue this campaign, but relented when she demonstrated real passion.
                        I have no problem with people taking an opposing view, to her beliefs,far from it.When it becomes about her as a person, that's a different matter.
                        Plenty of occasions when it's the messenger not the message.
                        I don't believe she is a pawn in someone's game for one minute but you clearly do.
                        It certainly suits those that oppose the claims of climate change to argue that way.
                        Hi Phil

Greta is cutting through - even the young Republicans in the USA are backing her.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/06/p...wxc/index.html

Annie

Comment

I am not a climate denier , just go back to the old ways of clearing the rivers etc and not building on the flood plains simple enough, those who opposed and stopped doing these tried and tested ways , you only have to look at the Somerset levels and see the improvements made there. Where do you read her views from then Phil? if not some Newspaper , magazine or other, you seem to believe your version!!
                          I.quote ths Mail.and Telegraph as the 2 papers that stated that Greta was influenced by her parents .In the same week that Greta spoke to the Bristol crowd,the Tory party had a fundraiser to 700 people Do you criticize them too?
                          Just as dangerous as the open air rally.No mention though...
                          All the cabinet were present.
                          I don't quote a particular newspaper I prefer a balanced source of views.
                          You probably don't accept that but your views on Greta can be attributed to 2 papers, no others.
                          Last edited by philhar, wallasey; 7th March 2020, 07:58 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                          best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                          agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                          X