• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will it really work?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Victoria, Aberystwyth View Post
    Oh well Annie, if you can do it then we can all do it. Simples.
    Given a choice of either self isolation or cleaning up after my house was flooded...……………………………

Annie

Comment

We are due to cruise in the UAE in less than 3 weeks, it is not the risk of getting the virus that is our worry, but the quarantine period if someone on the ship develops it. We booked this cruise purely as a winter sun break after a very difficult year. We have caring responsibilities for 2 elderly relatives, so we have to make plans for their care when we are away. A further period on top of what we have already planned for, will be difficult. Added to that, I suffer from Post Nasal Drip, and have for nearly ten years, this causes a persistent cough and sore throat which is now another concern as I am sure that I will be viewed with suspicion 😱 every time I cough! What was supposed to be a relaxing, battery recharging cruise, is becoming more stressful by the day. Once onboard I am sure we will just relax and enjoy the break 🍷🍷🍷 Nobody now seems concerned about the Straits of Hormuz, so that’s good! 🤞

Comment

We know that if one of the family comes down with full-blown flu, the rest will be lucky to escape it , you can't really isolate yourself at home, you can certainly catch it in work , I ddi twice and ended up with pneumonia, you don't know that your colleagues or family are brewing it until it shows . CG
        sigpic

Comment

There is only Hubby and I in the house now so it’s easier to self isolate but we only have 1 bathroom and 1 bed but 2 TV’s!! 😂😂
          don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
          best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
          agree to our cookie policy

Working...
          X