• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scarlet Lady @ Dover

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scarlet Lady @ Dover

So Virgin's fist cruise ship is at Dover today and unfortunately we are NOT on it! Our invitations must have got lost in the post.

Here is a slide show of a few external images: https://youtu.be/9Zs8E4goApc

She looks like her design is based on MSC Seaside - same shipyard!
    See my cruise blog: HERE

Did any agents from Cruise dot go?general question, not directly aimed at Malcolm.

Comment

Originally posted by alandrover, beccles View Post
      Did any agents from Cruise dot go?general question, not directly aimed at Malcolm.
      I know Holly Crabtree from Cruise dot is on board on Tuesday on Liverpool. I can’t wait to see her photos.

Comment

At first glance, she looks like a container ship and not what I expected at all.
        Jill

Comment

Nothing like MSC Seaside other than perhaps the stream-lined shape... hasn't gone down too well on social media, one blogger mentioned it was a bit of a "s**t show"

Comment

Originally posted by 1fifthavenue, birmingham View Post
            Nothing like MSC Seaside other than perhaps the stream-lined shape... hasn't gone down too well on social media, one blogger mentioned it was a bit of a "s**t show"
            .............and its got balcony cabins down both sides. If its the outside space on the lower deck then again nowhere near as much, even the bow is completely different shape. Perhaps a trip to Specsavers is in order?

sideview_677_17.png

msc-seashore-evo.jpg
            Last edited by Wansbrough, North Somerset; 23rd February 2020, 06:16 PM.
            www.wansbroughs-cruise-blog.me.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Wansbrough, North Somerset View Post

.............and its got balcony cabins down both sides. If its the outside space on the lower deck then again nowhere near as much, even the bow is completely different shape. Perhaps a trip to Specsavers is in order?

Have they got a branch of them onboard as well?

Regards
              Garf.

Comment

[QUOTE=Wansbrough, North Somerset;n1300413]

Apart from the many differences, she's similar!

Comment

Apparently the mini bar Coes stocked with an "intimacy pack" for any guests who care to partake in nocturnal activities... Perhaps that tattoo parlour should have been a GUM clinic

Comment

Here is a video of life on board Scarlet Lady by a regular cruise Vlogger ‘Emma Cruises’, she posts regular cruise videos and in this one she gives her views of what she liked and hated about this ship.

Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy, Essex View Post
                      Here is a video of life on board Scarlet Lady by a regular cruise Vlogger ‘Emma Cruises’, she posts regular cruise videos and in this one she gives her views of what she liked and hated about this ship.
                      Been chatting to Emma today and was so looking forward to this! Quite honestly, it's awful

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy, Essex View Post
                        Hi Delboy

Thanks for posting the link.

After viewing some of the earlier pictures of the proposed seating, I suspected the ship and I would not be a good fit. Emma's video confirmed it.

Annie

Comment

Flipping heck! How awful is that? Whoever heard of a shower cubicle door that opens inward? I’m not fat but I’m not skinny either and I know I would struggle to get in the darned thing. The staterooms look cramped and as Emma points out the light switch is in the stupidest place ever. Definitely not for me peeps!

Take care, Helen

Comment

The facilities on most cruise ship (like multiple pools) have been designed that way for a reason, after years of development. Going against the grain for the sake of it may not be wise!

Comment

Originally posted by Mason, Altrincham View Post
                              Flipping heck! How awful is that? Whoever heard of a shower cubicle door that opens inward? I’m not fat but I’m not skinny either and I know I would struggle to get in the darned thing. The staterooms look cramped and as Emma points out the light switch is in the stupidest place ever. Definitely not for me peeps!

Take care, Helen
                              Couldn't agree more.

I know Virgin selected designers with little or no experience of cruising but where was the common sense input ?? Have any of these folk travelled and experienced a variety of accommodation??

Annie

PS Apparently the shower cubicle door opens both ways?? still not a huge shower.
                              Last edited by annie, Glasgow; 24th February 2020, 07:29 AM.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X