• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your hobby members please.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is your hobby members please.

Well i thought i would ask members do they have a hobby, Myself i breed and race racing pigeons. I find it so relaxing and with it being a 365 day sport, it gives me things to do also in the winter. I also send my racing pigeons to race around the world. If i am needed to help in the home, i am only in the back garden. So being a full time carer this hobby works for me and my family. Do you have a hobby you enjoy?

I'm a ship nut!

I collect nautical books, ship memorabilia and go to maritime museums etc.

Are we surprised?
    Last edited by Malcolm, Essex; 1st August 2018, 07:50 PM.
    See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

You mean apart from cruising, talking about cruising, meeting cruising friends and planning cruises?

I enjoy various crafts. I knit, crochet, do tapestry and cross stitch, and make greetings cards. The garden is my responsibility and I teach riding for the disabled on Wednesday and Sunday. We are life members of the NT and EH and like to visit their properties.

How did I ever have time to go to work?

Comment

I play board games on a fairly regular basis, so I suppose you could call that a hobby! I have a few people I have a regular video game night with too, where we play World of Warcraft.

Can food count as a hobby? I love trying new restaurants. A friend and I meet up regularly to experience Edinburgh's latest fine dining options.
        Duncan S

See my blog!

Comment

Apart from being a golf nut together with a little cycling, it's classic cars. !950 MG TD, and 1959 Morris Traveller. Both in regular use.

Comment

We share the same hobbies, golf (2/3 times a month together) theatre and the arts in general.

Add in a desire to have a nice garden but a lack of skill to make it a reality

John

Comment

Don't really have a hobby, like messing around in the garden, but in truth I am a fine weather gardener, thankfully due to its size it does not take a lot of time to keep it looking nice.

Also like messing around with a camera taking a few photos here and there using a selection of different lenses.

My neighbour opposite keeps pigeons, his pigeon loft is brick built with a fully tiled roof, looks more modern than his bungalow.
              Last edited by Delboy, Essex; 1st August 2018, 09:19 PM.
              Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

Thank you for your feedback, its great to find out more about our members.

Comment

We have horses; 7 of them. Two oldies, one youngster and four in work. Three of the four my husband competes Dressage and show jumping. The fourth is my granddaughters Shetland pony!
                  Its a family hobby we all enjoy and it’s very time consuming but we wouldn’t have it any other way.

I also love chalk chalk painting and am in to upcycling old furniture.
                  Past cruises:
                  Carnival Conquest October 2002
                  Independence of the Seas October 2012
                  Independence of the Seas May 2014
                  Explorer of the Seas June 2015
                  Norwegian Escape October 2015

Comment

My main hobby now is just keeping alive, and keeping up with all that is going on in the forum.

Comment

I don't have what you call a particular hobby, because I can't just do it now and again. If I read a book, I don't stop until I've read it, can't just read a few pages at a time. If I knit (which I haven't for years) I want it finished. So to relax, I come on here or Facebook. Potter about in the garden, and hubby is a keen golfer, so I'm just getting into it. He says I have to practice my swing, cos I don't always make contact with the ball!!

Some people are so talented, I would love to be able to paint, but I'm useless, can just about draw a stick man!! .......................Carol

Comment

Gosh! quite a few, politics [belonging to a political party] that takes up a lot of time, swimming, boating, looking after the grandkids, history love reading , gardening is also a passion, and of course cruising although we are not able to cruise very much these days insurance is the problem. CG
                        sigpic

Comment

Swimming, When possible. I still work full time so for me my hobbies are reading, A bit of light gardening, And planning our next holiday/cruise. I would love to paint but like so many I am useless. I am good a crosswords and su-doku though. Jan.

Comment

Originally posted by dst87, Falkirk View Post
                            Can food count as a hobby?
                            Unfortunately it can!
                            See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

I have taken more of an interest in photography since I retired. It's amazing what you can find for free when you look for it - I have been on two five day courses and a couple of shorter courses organised by my local college. I have registered for a level 2 qualification starting in September. I don't really need a qualification, but that is the only way that it comes free. I'll be doing homework again, after all these years!

At the moment I am using a bridge camera because it is less weight to take away on holidays etc. I had quite a bit of credit in my Amazon account so have spent the money wisely on accessories.

I have said before that I enter online competitions while watching TV in the evening. That's where the Amazon credit came from.
                              2018-
                              Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

2019 -
                              NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
                              Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

2020 -
                              Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
                              Magellan - Panama Canal

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you