• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frog Time!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frog Time!

A friend mentioned that she had found frogspawn in the dog's outside dish on Friday.
    On Saturday I opened the back door, and a frog fell in!- at first I thought it was a toad because it was fist sized, but no, it was a real Jeremy Fisher..it hopped away down the 5 steps amiably..
    Today my neighbour took her dog for a run by the river, and found the path almost impassable because of the frogs covering the way.. the dog started flinging them about and had to be removed with great difficulty because there were so many of them.
    One day there's snow and ice, and then the plague of frogs...
    Jo.

That does sound like something biblical Jo!!
    My mum gets lots of frogs in her garden . There used to be a pond which the frogs filled with spawn to the point of clogging it up which dad would then pull out. The pond is filled in now but she still gets quite a few
    BIG SHIPS, little ships, small world

Comment

Originally posted by Bigsis, Waterlooville View Post
      That does sound like something biblical Jo!!
      My mum gets lots of frogs in her garden . There used to be a pond which the frogs filled with spawn to the point of clogging it up which dad would then pull out. The pond is filled in now but she still gets quite a few
      We live on a hillside and the land was levelled out to build our house. There used to be a pond here but it was filled in well before our time. Our lawn used to get water-logged because of the hillside draining above and we used to get so many frogs that in the summer one of us used to have to walk in front of the lawnmower kicking them out of the way so we could mow the lawn. We had to have it re-laid and land drains put in to stop it getting water logged.
      Cruising my way through life!

Sue

Comment

I love frogs my husband is terrified of them. He once went into the kitchen at night (summer dusk 930pm ish) without turning the light on. I heard a scream and ran in turning the light on. To find him sat on the work top and a frog sat proudly in the middle of the kitchen floor. The back door was open and it had hopped right in.
        Taking the mick out of him for years for that lol.
        Past cruises:
        Carnival Conquest October 2002
        Independence of the Seas October 2012
        Independence of the Seas May 2014
        Explorer of the Seas June 2015
        Norwegian Escape October 2015

Comment

Sounds like a nightmare, I hate frogs, they always manage to make me jump .................................................. .............Carol

Comment

My Burmese cat (RIP) loved frogs. We would hear him coming up the garden with a frog in his mouth and the noise from the frog was loud!

They were never harmed just brought in and dumped, we would find them hopping all over the house. Since filling in our pond all that stopped..Carol

Comment

We have them every year they visit our garden pool my grandkids are fascinated by them, sometimes we also have the same toad visit he has a deformed foot, they love it on the lily pads the kids imitate them when calling to them. CG
              sigpic

Comment

Maybe she should take them to the nearest pawn shop .... ......Neil

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                X