• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does your Pet Miss You?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't have pets now but used to have a Siamese cat who would go into hiding as soon as the cat basket came to take her to the cattery. She used to disturb all the other cats in the cattery with her loud meowing and would sulk for days when we collected her.

Comment

Originally posted by ilovesunshine, east yorks View Post
      I don't have pets now but used to have a Siamese cat who would go into hiding as soon as the cat basket came to take her to the cattery. She used to disturb all the other cats in the cattery with her loud meowing and would sulk for days when we collected her.
      You reminded of when we took Buster the cat into kennels ,he came back so ill ,as did the dog. never did it again .
      Buster just would not eat ,Took him to the vets he was just so sad to see him,Eventually we tempted him to start eating by rubbing bread soaked in OXO round his mouth ,he started to lick himself clean ,then lapped some Oxo up took him days to get better ....Taffy
      ​Taffy

Comment

Originally posted by ROSEBASKETS, Yorkshire View Post
        We run a business looking after other peoples dogs in our own home while they go on holiday. Trust me, it's even more heart wrenching when the owners return from holiday for their dog and the dog DOESN'T want to go home

This happens all the time and we reassure owners that the dogs been on holiday too and they don't want to leave the fun.
        Nice business to be in I would think.

We looked after our daughters two dogs who seemed quite happy to stay with us ,they kept looking at the door for the first few hours ,but settled after that.
        Jack the old Collie knew when they were getting close to picking them up ,he would stand at the gate dancing on his front paws ,ears cocked ,and sure enough not long after they would arrive.
        Animals do seem to have a sixth sense...Taffy
        ​Taffy

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
        best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
        agree to our cookie policy

Working...
        X