• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cecil a most pointless Death.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having been on a game drive and seen many of these beautiful animals living in the wild in South Africa, I cannot think why any sane human being would want to take their lives for so-called sport.

The only acceptable way to hunt "the big five" et al is with a camera. Let the hunter show the world his skill by displaying a perfect photograph of a living animal in the wild..................HT

Comment

Rebecca Francis who hosts American TV show 'Eye of the Hunter' is the woman in question. Another shocking image tweeted by Ricky Gervais. She claims she was 'honouring' its life by lying, smiling, by the dying animal, in a photo that was was taken 5 years ago...Carol

Originally posted by Harvey, Bristol upon Cream View Post
      I thunk it's fair to say that if the picture is 'supposedly' of a female 'celebrity' without a name then it is probably just bunkum.

Comment

Originally posted by Hampshire Thorn, Fareham View Post
        Having been on a game drive and seen many of these beautiful animals living in the wild in South Africa, I cannot think why any sane human being would want to take their lives for so-called sport.

The only acceptable way to hunt "the big five" et al is with a camera. Let the hunter show the world his skill by displaying a perfect photograph of a living animal in the wild..................HT
        Could not agree more. This man is a savage and I hope every one of his dental patients leaves his practice!

Comment

I thunk it's fair to say that if the picture is 'supposedly' of a female 'celebrity' without a name then it is probably just bunkum.
          True - she did have a name but I didn't have a clue and nor did I care who she was (but, having just read the post above, now I do know).
          Last edited by BinleyBilly, Binley, Coventry; 31st July 2015, 08:08 PM.

Comment

I just noticed that most of the comments come from contributors who have posted several times. (Thousands), in some cases. So Cecil met his end, which was inevitable. What about the unfortunate defenceless animals HE preyed upon ?? These regular contributors should that life goes on. However I do NOT condone the actions of the hunter concerned. THERE ARE FAR WORSE CRIMES TAKING PLACE ON EARTH THAN THE SLAUGHTER OF A LION.

Comment

Originally posted by r-gilliland, lisburn View Post
              I just noticed that most of the comments come from contributors who have posted several times. (Thousands), in some cases. So Cecil met his end, which was inevitable. What about the unfortunate defenceless animals HE preyed upon ?? These regular contributors should that life goes on. However I do NOT condone the actions of the hunter concerned. THERE ARE FAR WORSE CRIMES TAKING PLACE ON EARTH THAN THE SLAUGHTER OF A LION.
              Don't think anybody would dispute this, but that is not what we are discussing on this thread, we are discussing the death of a Lion by a trophy hunter.

What is the relivence of how many posts contributers have made, prior to this thread.
              Last edited by Delboy, Essex; 31st July 2015, 09:28 PM.
              Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

Originally posted by r-gilliland, lisburn View Post
                Not really understanding the point of your post. Is any conversation/post/news item only to be talked about if it is the worse crime on earth. Must be a dull night in your company if nothing else is worth discussing

Comment

Cecil killed to survive, not to take trophies to hang on his wall... Carol

Comment

There you go Harvey

She looks real enough to me...Taffy
                    ​Taffy

Comment

Originally posted by andyn, kensworth View Post
                      Not really understanding the point of your post. Is any conversation/post/news item only to be talked about if it is the worse crime on earth. Must be a dull night in your company if nothing else is worth discussing
                      Where's that "Like" button please?

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                      best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                      agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                      X