• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Devoted friend

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Devoted friend

Pictured: The heart-melting moment when a man lulls his arthritic dog to sleep in a lake | Mail Online

What a moving story... scroll all the way down for the video.

How peaceful does that dog look?
    What a wonderful story.
    sigpic
    Tiggertom
    shaken, not purred

Comment

Sheesh! C.F. I can't cope with stories like that..........I'm not sure whether I'm going soft or just senile............Wilba
      Wilba

Comment

Think a hot tub at home would be the best thing for them. There must be thousands of people in similar situations with ageing pets and it is very difficult for every one of them. I've been there myself and can appreciate the anguish that happens throughout and at the end.

Comment

Man's best friend and so sad that many are treated so inhumanely.
          The trust that that boy had in his owner is obvious.
          All mine have , when the time came ... closed their eyes for the last time at home. We always knew when it was time... the hardest thing was picking up the phone... waiting for the vet to arrive. But there was no way we could put them through the trauma of taking them to the vet's surgery... something all of them hated. Our last little girl drifted away with me and her adopted dad making a circle ...each of us holding and stroking an ear.. her last memories were good ones I hope.
          sigpic*Carol M*

Comment

What a lovely story. They obviously have a very special bond. My last dog had two operations for cancer and recovered well, when the cancer returned the vet said that operating again was not the best thing to do for my beloved friend. He lived relatively pain free with the vets help until the time came to say good bye. We carried him to have a last look at the fields he had enjoyed running in for many years. The vet arrived at our home and with his help our dog simply fell asleep with all the people who loved him holding and cuddling him. He had a wonderful life and his picture takes pride of place on our lounge wall. We were thankfull for the wonderful times we enjoyed together and the everylasting memories.

I wish the owner and his deloved dog more time together to enjoy doing the things they enjoy the most.
            Oriana
            Oceana
            Ventura
            Queen Mary 2
            Queen Victoria
            Queen Elizabeth

Comment

Well it looks like they took the video down, the photo doesn't do the story justice. I tried to locate it on You tube, but it has been taken down due to copyright problems....

Comment

I nearly didn't open the article as I read it that he was drowning the dog when I saw "lulling to sleep"! Thank goodness I looked after the comments from others.

What a sweet story and it shows the lengths true animal lovers go to for a faithful companion, it restores your faith in mankind..Carol

Comment

And here’s me thinking you were referring to ME.

Originally posted by Cruise Fairy, Indiana USA (2) View Post
                  Any one wants to plays bridge and is on any of the cruises listed below please send me a private message

cruises 2012
                  Eclipse 12/05
                  Queen Victoria 24/03
                  Eclipse 12/05
                  Oceania Riveria 13/08
                  Eclipse 29/09
                  Queen Victoria 20/12

2013 Cruises booked
                  Eclipse 11/05
                  Eclipse 06/07
                  Eclipse 31/08
                  Eclipse 20/10