• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car borne spiders strike again !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Car borne spiders strike again !

    Daft topic I know but I find it both irritating yet fascinating that I have two spiders living behind my car door mirrors and they must be the hardest working spiders around because I constantly clear away the webs they make across each mirror yet 4 hours later they've already rebuilt them grrrrrrrrrr !

    Am I alone with having these pesky pests or do other people suffer with them too ??


    #2
    I believe that you have a psychoanalyst’s dream; spiders with a narcissistic complex.

    On reflection though; you probably haven't, they are just highly competitive and try to beat the other guy building in synchronicity. ....Neil

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by trevor432990, East Sussex View Post
      Daft topic I know but I find it both irritating yet fascinating that I have two spiders living behind my car door mirrors and they must be the hardest working spiders around because I constantly clear away the webs they make across each mirror yet 4 hours later they've already rebuilt them grrrrrrrrrr !

      Am I alone with having these pesky pests or do other people suffer with them too ??

      Last year we had one who lived behind the Drivers car door mirror & I was always getting rid of his webs, he even survived a trip to France and back (No quips about the French please ).

      Sadly, he didn't survive the winter, I missed him for a while

      But all is now OK as we have another one
      Lizzie sigpic

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Lizzie, Lymington View Post
        Last year we had one who lived behind the Drivers car door mirror & I was always getting rid of his webs, he even survived a trip to France and back (No quips about the French please ).

        Sadly, he didn't survive the winter, I missed him for a while

        But all is now OK as we have another one
        Lizzie,
        Should have used the heated mirror button to keep him warm!
        I get them every year - and they are persistant little blighters - a couple even managed to get into the car last year.
        Brian.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Neil Down, Southampton View Post
          I believe that you have a psychoanalyst’s dream; spiders with a narcissistic complex.

          On reflection though; you probably haven't, they are just highly competitive and try to beat the other guy building in synchronicity. ....Neil
          Wow that's interesting Neil I've heard of synchronised swimmers but never synched spiders

          Comment


            #6
            Brian,it's the heated mirrors that attract them here. That and the shrubs in the drive where their relatives lurk waiting to take their place when they have been displaced by driving at xxmph!! Even that's almost impossible as I read somewhere that a spider's web is so strong that, being large enough, it could stop just about anything accelerating into its path, even a jet?!

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Brian, South Ockendon View Post
              Lizzie,
              Should have used the heated mirror button to keep him warm!
              I get them every year - and they are persistant little blighters - a couple even managed to get into the car last year.
              Brian.
              Brian, you are of course right I should have thought about his welfare. Not only a heated mirror, but maybe a small sleeping bag might have helped him along, plus an ample supply of food, he might have then grown to this!
              Lizzie sigpic

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Lizzie, Lymington View Post
                Brian, you are of course right I should have thought about his welfare. Not only a heated mirror, but maybe a small sleeping bag might have helped him along, plus an ample supply of food, he might have then grown to this!
                Lizzie, I'm not liking that spider smillie AT ALL, far too much movement in those legs lol.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Lizzie, Lymington View Post
                  Brian, you are of course right I should have thought about his welfare. Not only a heated mirror, but maybe a small sleeping bag might have helped him along, plus an ample supply of food, he might have then grown to this!
                  Lizzie,
                  Bit too large for me as well!
                  The other thing I do not understand is why birds only ever poo on your car is just after you have cleaned it!!
                  Brian.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Brian, South Ockendon View Post
                    Lizzie,
                    Bit too large for me as well!
                    The other thing I do not understand is why birds only ever poo on your car is just after you have cleaned it!!
                    Brian.
                    Brian, living overlooking the sea, why do the 'gulls' aim and fire just after we have cleaned the Balcony windows?? Also if the windows are open,how come it hits the carpet?? They have a great 'aim'!!
                    Lizzie sigpic

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Me too Lizzie ... now if the spiders ran out and manned ack-ack guns against the birds I would give them sanctuary gladly but alas my car seems prone to attack by seagulls as well.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        I've seen seagulls chasing dogs and aiming at them- not very successfully, though- when they're pairing off in spring. I think it's some kind of macho behaviour.....must have seen this 6 or 7 times!
                        Jo.
                        Jo.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          If you want to avoid having your car pooed on by seagulls, just park it under a tree. (I've never seen a seagull land in one). Of course, it won't protect your car from all the other members of the birdie kingdom...

                          Comment


                            #14
                            fly spray also works on spiders!
                            Any one wants to plays bridge and is on any of the cruises listed below please send me a private message





                            cruises 2012
                            Eclipse 12/05
                            Queen Victoria 24/03
                            Eclipse 12/05
                            Oceania Riveria 13/08
                            Eclipse 29/09
                            Queen Victoria 20/12

                            2013 Cruises booked
                            Eclipse 11/05
                            Eclipse 06/07
                            Eclipse 31/08
                            Eclipse 20/10

                            Comment


                              #15
                              We have our resident spiders too, but they live inside, they do have some in-laws (or should that be out-laws?) live on the wing mirrors as well
                              It's when I get a wasp fly in while driving that I panic
                              sigpic*Carol M*

                              Comment


                              We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.


                              By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

                              Working...
                              X