• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vaccine?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From what I understand the mass centre are throwing their net wide to capture as many as can make it for some it might be a distance.

If you don't accept you just drop back onto your local list, the more that can take advantage of the big hubs will free up resources more local.

Comment

Originally posted by Dancing Queen, Chesterfield View Post
      My husband had the vaccine today, he was offered the vaccination at a medical centre which is not local to us but it was doable so we accepted, we woke up this morning to several inches of snow and by 9.30am I had already decided the conditions were too severe to risk driving so it was plan B and I booked a taxi, it was still a 'hairy' journey but well worth the cost for someone else to take the strain, as we drove towards Sheffield the conditions worsened so I knew I had made the right decision and as far as any cost involved it was a small price to pay to have my husband protected.

I was actually quite disgusted to have to sit there and listen to some of the 'moaners' ( most of which were from Chesterfield ) abuse the staff, one lady who was a volunteer was taking so much abuse that me being me ( and not known for keeping my mouth shut ) I eventually spoke out and said ( generally ) you had the choice you could have said no to the appointment why not just be grateful as we are that at least one of us is now protected, ha ha it must have had the desired effect because the moaning stopped ( well for the 15 minutes we were there )

I have nothing but praise for our NHS staff, we have needed so much support from them since last May and they have been there for us every inch of the way under extremely difficult circumstances so I wasn't going to sit there and say nothing.
      Hi Jo,

Glad to hear K has had his jab, thankfully no sign of snow here.

It would appear ours are still being carried out locally at town centre hospice where I had mine, judging by our next door neighbour who sent us a message this morning informing he has his appointment booked for next Tuesday at the same place.

Stay Safe

Derek.

Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
        From what I understand the mass centre are throwing their net wide to capture as many as can make it for some it might be a distance.

If you don't accept you just drop back onto your local list, the more that can take advantage of the big hubs will free up resources more local.

Hi TD
        My nearest mass vaccination centre is St Helens rugby stadium 7 miles away.
        They are carrying out vaccinations at our local Widnes RLFC stadium plus GP surgeries.

The only problem is Vaccines are being allocated more to the mass vaccination centres,,,the only problem our local centres are seeing is allocation of Vaccine.

108E4F1F-BEC7-4E11-95A4-E576C71DD754.png
        JC
        C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
        "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Dancing Queen, Chesterfield View Post
          My husband had the vaccine today, he was offered the vaccination at a medical centre which is not local to us but it was doable so we accepted, we woke up this morning to several inches of snow and by 9.30am I had already decided the conditions were too severe to risk driving so it was plan B and I booked a taxi, it was still a 'hairy' journey but well worth the cost for someone else to take the strain, as we drove towards Sheffield the conditions worsened so I knew I had made the right decision and as far as any cost involved it was a small price to pay to have my husband protected.

I was actually quite disgusted to have to sit there and listen to some of the 'moaners' ( most of which were from Chesterfield ) abuse the staff, one lady who was a volunteer was taking so much abuse that me being me ( and not known for keeping my mouth shut ) I eventually spoke out and said ( generally ) you had the choice you could have said no to the appointment why not just be grateful as we are that at least one of us is now protected, ha ha it must have had the desired effect because the moaning stopped ( well for the 15 minutes we were there )

I have nothing but praise for our NHS staff, we have needed so much support from them since last May and they have been there for us every inch of the way under extremely difficult circumstances so I wasn't going to sit there and say nothing.
          Sadly Some Patients will always find something to moan about. They’ll moan about having to wait eg 10 mins to be seen but don’t complain if their hairdresser, beautician etc takes them late for their appointment. I think it’s because the NHS is ‘free’ and everyone expects far too much from it. Some also think that they can say whatever they like to an NHS worker with no thought for the person who’s trying to do their best and think/know that there will be no consequences.

I’m glad your husband received his vaccine, that you opened your mouth to the moaners and you arrived safely to the centre DQ.
          don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Went for a walk today and they are opening a vaccine hub walking distance, nearer than the GP.

Plenty of parking but the main bus route nearest stop is a walk

We are well down the list so will have to wait.

Early days but the data may have turned.

The Thursday data release for week one is showing early signs we might have peaked there are regional variations and still very high but many sub groups have gone down

20-29 have the highest rates per 100k
            care homes carnage continues.

Will take another week to see if the trend continues and filters into reduced admissions.
            Still going to take weeks to clear the wards.

Comment

NHS staffs mass vaccine clinic In Glasgow today. 😷😀

https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/news/l...HzmOL8MFqP8Uis
              don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Did the vaccine tip these vulnerable over the edge.

COVID-19 vaccine-related deaths and side effects in Norway: What we know - Norway Today

Comment

Israel have thrown a spanner in the program as World leaders in the program they have the best early data on efficacy.

Reports are focused on the 33% as people are still testing positive but the critical piece of information does it reduce the severity of illness, hospitalisation and deaths is missing.

The hospitalisation data that is in some reports does suggest it is helpful at suppression of severity.

Any data from the first 7 days and second 7 days includes people that were potentially positive be fore being vaccinated and early in the immune responce the critical numbers are after 10-14 days where the phase 3 trials showd good results for Pfizer.

Bit disappointed by Vallance on sky yesterday very woolly on this as if he had not done any homework before coming on.

Comment

Not all the research is positive on vaccine and variants.

https://www.news-medical.net/news/20...e-variant.aspx

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                    best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                    agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                    X