• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

this fabulous vaccination

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this fabulous vaccination

wouldnt it be great if they said how many people are being vaccinated against this horrible thing as well as how many people are still getting it, it would be great to get some good news, I am also not sure how it is running for instance in Wales a woman who is 100+ had her jab yesterday, yet my DIL ( her mother in her early 70s ) living in sheffield had her jab a few days ago, ( not in a care home etc ) Lets hear how many people are getting it, I am sure it would cheer us all up to know we are getting a grip on it somewhere x take care x heather

Originally posted by ev'n'clive, HENGOED View Post
    wouldnt it be great if they said how many people are being vaccinated against this horrible thing as well as how many people are still getting it, it would be great to get some good news, I am also not sure how it is running for instance in Wales a woman who is 100+ had her jab yesterday, yet my DIL ( her mother in her early 70s ) living in sheffield had her jab a few days ago, ( not in a care home etc ) Lets hear how many people are getting it, I am sure it would cheer us all up to know we are getting a grip on it somewhere x take care x heather
    Scottish data is on the government website and will be updated weekly from Wed 23rd Dec.

As at 13/12/2020 18,644 Scots have been vaccinated.

Welsh numbers will reflect that the Cardiff Vaccination Hub did not function part of Thursday as 9 workers contracted Covid.

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by ev'n'clive, HENGOED View Post
      I am sure the data is out there somewhere on a government website but not perhaps in the precise form you or I might like. They are probably doing very well as I haven’t seen/heard any “incompetents”, “shambles” “blame Boris” stories yet. The media never report successes only failures.

There are probably more people employed “counting” than “doing” these days.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnR, Chippenham View Post
        I am sure the data is out there somewhere on a government website but not perhaps in the precise form you or I might like. They are probably doing very well as I haven’t seen/heard any “incompetents”, “shambles” “blame Boris” stories yet. The media never report successes only failures.

There are probably more people employed “counting” than “doing” these days.
        Whereas in reality every newspaper , news website, or any other news media covered the rollout of the vaccine last week. With every single one calling it a success.

Try googling '137,000 vaccines'

Comment

According to Gov more than 137,000 vaccines in first week, of which I and my neighbour opposite have both had our first dose. 2nd dose due 05/01. Carol who posts in the forum her mum has had hers.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/more-than-137000-people-in-uk-receive-first-dose-of-covid-vaccine-in-one-week
          Last edited by Delboy, Essex; 19th December 2020, 03:34 PM.
          Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

Lots of recent evidence of the media praising the Government over the vaccine.They may like to carp but some of the praising has also been OTT especially when Hancock has made unrealistic predictions about numbers getting the vaccine before Christmas .Its great news but don't talk up the numbers,be honest.
            4 pm.briefing unlikely to be good news sadly.
            Christmas should have been more restricted.
            Need to get the Oxford vaccine approved.

Comment

I’m really not interested in how many have been vaccinated. I’m just very cross that Leicestershire has had a meagre supply of vaccine and there are very few vaccination centres. I’m classed as vulnerable but have not a snowball’s chance of getting a jab.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooke, Ashby View Post
                I’m really not interested in how many have been vaccinated. I’m just very cross that Leicestershire has had a meagre supply of vaccine and there are very few vaccination centres. I’m classed as vulnerable but have not a snowball’s chance of getting a jab.
                This is a real problem because of the storage issues.We need the Oxford vaccine its so much easier to get out to rural areas .Let's hope approval comes soon.

Comment

Boris just said 350k have had first dose...

Comment

Early data on the current vaccine showed 50 efficacy not long after first dose and significantly it improved outcomes and reduced risk of death of those that did catch covid.

Thats a big chunk of people with a lot of extra protection.

Comment

thank you all for the info x heather x

Comment

There was a chart on Facebook that told you, according to age and fitness when you could receive your vaccination. However it was based on 1 million people being vaccinated a week, so with them only doing 350,000 in the first week, they need to get a wriggle on .................................................. .........Carol

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                        best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                        agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                        X