• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marco Polo!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marco Polo!!

We went for drive yeaterday to relieve the bordom of lockdown , just around our seafront and Lo and behold there was now a small liner moored up in the bay alongside the Tankers , cargeoships!!! we couldn't see what she was because of the murk [very misty], so went online [ we have a local page with all the coming and goings in Falmouth run by an ex pilot its very informative,] where we found out it was the Marco Polo!! now she is waiting for orders!! I would absolutly love it if she were to come into Falmouth docks for repairs {wishful thinking I know}} I believe she is up for scrap?
    Last edited by cornish girl, falmouth; 22nd November 2020, 02:47 PM.
    sigpic

Hi CG, must have been a nice surprise. There isn't definitive confirmation ,but supposedly she is off to Dubai to be a floating hotel, with a view to her possibly returning to service if the industry picks up and is available for charter. However, there have similar stories in the past and then ships have been scrapped once moved.
    Fingers crossed it's not a smokescreen like for example the Norway ex France.

Comment

Well its still to murky to make her out even with the Binoculars ,, we will wait and see what her orders are, my son is the chief engineer on one of our tugs here, I have asked him, he's just told me that bunkering barge is with her, , she's either taking on fuel or taking some off, I wonder if there is a possibility she could be laying up in the River Fal? who knows Phil we will see.
      sigpic

Comment

There

There she is Phil along side one of a number of tankers awaiting orders in Falmouth bay, the pilot said when he went onboard that the delivery Captain said she was bound for Dubai as a floating hotel.

You might like to join this website gets all the comings and goings on the Western Approaches , used to tell us when the QM ect were around and all the RN heavy stuff such as Queen Elizabeth . Also points out all the French fishing boats fishing in our waters, very interesting, I t goes under the name of 'Falmouth for orders' if you are interested . CG
        Last edited by cornish girl, falmouth; 22nd November 2020, 03:37 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cornish girl, falmouth View Post
          There

There she is Phil along side one of a number of tankers awaiting orders in Falmouth bay, the pilot said when he went onboard that the delivery Captain said she was bound for Dubai as a floating hotel.

You might like to join this website gets all the comings and goings on the Western Approaches , used to tell us when the QM ect were around and all the RN heavy stuff such as Queen Elizabeth . Also points out all the French fishing boats fishing in our waters, very interesting, I t goes under the name of 'Falmouth for orders' if you are interested . CG
          Thanks CG, and thanks for the photo.Lets hope she survives

Comment

Apparently she's off for Dubai at 8 pm tonight

Comment

Nice photo Cornish Girl.

I believe she was refuelled at Falmouth, at Anchor. Not sure why not Avonmouth?

Yes, she's also up for charter: https://youtu.be/59OBUwA1NU4
              Last edited by Malcolm, Essex; 22nd November 2020, 07:01 PM.
              See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

Not my photo Phil I pinched it ? of t 'Falmouth for orders ' website!! as for the refuelling Falmouth do a lot of that my son used to be on the refuelling barges , before He went on the tugs, they were always busy , because they had to change the heavy oil ' before the ships could proceed up the Channel, . they call Falmouth the first and last port . CG
                sigpic

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                X