• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

remember the days?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mike, lanarkshire View Post

What a depressing forum this has become 😊. Hopefully one day we’ll all be back on cruise ships and posting lovely pics of our ships and ports of call 🤞

Hi Mike
    What's stopping you?
    Get a thread going for folks to post their favourite ship, port, shorex etc photos..

I think it's a great idea to bring some light to the gloom.

Garf

Comment

Originally posted by mike, lanarkshire View Post

Didn’t want anyone taking the post out of context Mrs M 😊
      Absolutely. We're all allowed a moan, and then we pick ourselves up and get on with ''life''.

Comment

2nd attempt

Hopefully my post is not seen as a moan.

Classed as vulnerable due to our ages, and realising Covid is with us for the foreseeable future, we try to to live our lives as normal and safely as possible, without letting it dominate us. Observing the guidelines when necessary, at the same time using a bit of common sense.

We are not overly sociable, tending to keep within our immediate family bubble, but we certainly do not hibernate, going out whenever possible, avoiding queues and over crowded areas, preferring take aways to eating out. We have two holidays booked for next year, a cruise and a land based holiday, if they don’t go ahead we certainly will not loose any sleep over it. My wife will certainly find ways to spend the money, as she has done this year, redecorating and refurbishing our bungalow.

We took a trip out today to visit M&S food hall at the seaside resort of Walton the Naze, 20 minute drive, they are still cleaning trolleys and offering hand sanitiser. Afterwards we took a drive along the seafront up to the Naze, being the last day of half term plenty of families out enjoying the sunshine walking along the greenswards rather than sun bathing on the beaches. Same when driving home along the Seafront of Holland On Sea, very few roadside parking spaces available.
        Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield, Waterlooville View Post

Hi Mike
          What's stopping you?
          Get a thread going for folks to post their favourite ship, port, shorex etc photos..

I think it's a great idea to bring some light to the gloom.

Garf
          Hi Garf....I started one a couple of weeks ago - where‘s your favourite cruise ship currently docked ? - poor response tbh but suppose It’s difficult to be positive in these uncertain times.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterM, Southwell View Post

My good friend whose wife has a brain tumour and is deteriorating fast has a "sod it" attitude to covid, and is happy for her to have visitors, and for her to go out with friends etc. Strictly he's wrong, but I can't blame him, or her. In fact her consultant has actively encouraged her to forget covid and get on with enjoying herself as far as she can.
            I don’t blame her at all, but it doesn’t change the rules. Our daughter is now in Tier2 so can’t visit. I could be admitted to hospital tomOrrow and never see her again. I wish your friend’s wife a pain free life for longer

Comment

Both tier 2 and tier 3 have suitable exemptions to cover visiting family that are seriously ill.
              There are also no restrictions in the tier regulations to visit patients in hospital but local hospital rules may prevent them.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post

I like the smiley face! A chunk of reality occasionally does no harm. My favourite Orkney jeweller has a 10% off ''sale'' until tomorrow. They have just had an online order for a rather nice tri gold bangle. Nothing depressing about that!
                Crumbs you must have saved a lot! I'm not a great jewellery fan but I think I know who you mean and her stuff is really gorgeous. I was sorely tempted when I was in Iona. Definitely a morale booster, enjoy! It will be lovely for your next cruise

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs, Tyne and Wear View Post

Crumbs you must have saved a lot! I'm not a great jewellery fan but I think I know who you mean and her stuff is really gorgeous. I was sorely tempted when I was in Iona. Definitely a morale booster, enjoy! It will be lovely for your next cruise
                  You're spot on with the jeweller. and yes, her designs are simple and gorgeous.

Deferred. regular personal expenditure, hair etc. mounted up and I thought, why the heck not!

Comment

Are you ladies allowed to name the jeweller? Looking for something different for my daughter’s 50th (goodness, feel old!!!) so your descriptions may fit the bill. Private message, if necessary, please. Jen

Comment

https://www.cruise.co.uk/forum/forum...42#post1275742

My OH like her stuff as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
                        Thank you TD

I have pm'd Jen

Comment

Thanks for the links above and the jeweller recommendations, which led to an item on their website referring to Scottish gold mined in ‘the remote hills of the west of Scotland’. Clogau, ‘rare’ Welsh gold mined in N Wales is well known but I never knew there was also a mine in Scotland. Hope it becomes very successful.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                          best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                          agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                          X