• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Live Aid 13/7/19865

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live Aid 13/7/19865

Just listening to 35th anniversary programme about Live Aid. 13/7/1985. Sat for 16 hours glued to the TV. Saw Phil Collins perform on 2 continents in the same day, courtesy of the most beautiful 'plane ever - Concorde (just my opinion of course).
    Brilliant concert, anyone else remember? Have the DVD and am going to watch it again tomorrow!!

Barb

I obviously meant 1985!!!

Comment

Oh boy, do we remember it! It was an amazing concert and day for everyone concerned. I remember getting my elderly mother-in-law bopping (in a manner of speaking)to the Beach Boys which was good fun. We don’t have the dvd of that concert, but we do have the dvd of the Concert for George in tribute to George Harrison which was also amazing.

Take care and stay well. Helen

Comment

I remember Live Aid too. I had just finished teaching in Malaysia and we were preparing for a five week trip home via Oz, Tahiti and California. Satellite time meant we couldn't see all of it but the bits we saw were wonderful.

Comment

I worked in London at the time and some of the girls in our office put a party together to go. I couldn't - we had 2 under 4 nippers then - but about a dozen of my colleagues did. They were buzzing about it for days afterwards. I had to make do with whatever I could catch on TV.
          Logic will get you from A to B.
          Imagination will take you everywhere.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
          best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
          agree to our cookie policy

Working...
          X