• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When was your last cruise and when is your next one?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When was your last cruise and when is your next one?

The forum is less about cruising these days as there is none going on, but thought I would send people down memory lane and what next cruise they have and how do they think it will be different?

My last cruise was last October 2019 on Ventura for 14 nights down to the Mediterranean. Lovely weather, really relaxing cruise and wonderful trip. We were hoping for another 11 night cruise in March this year, and we were all but fully packed to go and then this was cancelled. The one after this one was October on Iona, but that has been moved to October 2021, as I don't think that will be happening at all.

Our next actual cruise still booked is April 2021, with a final balance payable in December 2020. We are holding on at the moment, but suspect this one may be cancelled by us, as not sure if the cruise experience will be significantly different whilst they are still trying to fight the Coronavirus. I think the buffet will be service only by the crew (otherwise how can you sanitise the serving cutlery), the drinks machine may be service only by the crew or to your table service. There may be a requirement to use face coverings - how is that going to work? How are you going to get fresh sea air? The cabins will be sanitised daily and will probably smell like bleach all the time. The list goes on.

How do you think they will manage the onboard experience and find a balance so that customers are not on edge all the time and so never truly relax and enjoy the experience?

Mine was so long ago I had to look it up. I had one cancelled in December too So my last one was the forum cruise last June on Arcadia.

I'm still hoping there may be a few cruises around Xmas time, I might be able to book onto, if not it will be next April, which will be nearly 2 years by then, from my last cruise!! I'll be like a newbie again!!........................................... .......................Carol

Comment

Last one was last September. Next one should be this October, but have postponed to Sept 2021 having been told that this year's one has been cancelled .Only it hasn't been, apparently. Not really bothered. I was getting a bit fed up with cruising, so a 2 year break might refresh my appetite.

Comment

Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post

I'm still hoping there may be a few cruises around Xmas time, I might be able to book onto...
        CMV are offering some mini and some longer Xmas cruises (2 nights or more) on most of their ships, from various UK ports.

However you are NOT a CMV girl, are you Carol?
        See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

My last one was a few days on QV last December. My next should be at the end of September on Balmoral but who knows if that will happen?
          Last edited by Smith7; 13th June 2020, 10:30 AM.
          Jill

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm, Essex View Post

CMV are offering some mini and some longer Xmas cruises (2 nights or more) on most of their ships, from various UK ports.

However you are NOT a CMV girl, are you Carol?
            I've never been on one, but the way things are going, I might just have to!! ..............................................Caro l

Comment

My last cruise was a 3 day cruisedot forum cruise to La Harve and back May 2017

Have been on Coach and Self Drive holidays home and abroad since.

Have a Iona cruise to the Norwegian Fjords which we were due to sail on end of this month now moved to June 2021, depends on situation when due to pay balance in April, if we still go, same applIes to our coach holidays.

Whilst I still like cruising my wife is not so keen and is perfectly happy to holiday in the UK.
              Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

Last one was a Med cruise On QV.

We have deferred three cruises this year, to next, to add to the one already booked for 2021.

However, speaking to someone who has a bit of experience in the cruise industry, there's no guarantee we will be taking them all.

Forget all the precautions already mooted, the main problem will be, the cruise companies will have to be pretty sure they won't get a Covid positive passenger onboard because just one outbreak, will cripple an industry already on its knees.

Vaccine anyone?

Comment

Last one was Xmas and New Year on QV , Next one booked is the same for this year but Im not holding my breath ,

Comment

Last one October,,Canaries on my fav ship Celebrity Silhouette.
                    P&O Britannie for April cancelled.
                    Next one Celebrity Constellation,,,in October,,,Venice to Barcelona,,,,don't think I will be on that one.

Oh well,we can all look at the photos and hope.......

image.jpeg
                    JC
                    C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
                    "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post
                      Last one was a Med cruise On QV.

We have deferred three cruises this year, to next, to add to the one already booked for 2021.

However, speaking to someone who has a bit of experience in the cruise industry, there's no guarantee we will be taking them all.

Forget all the precautions already mooted, the main problem will be, the cruise companies will have to be pretty sure they won't get a Covid positive passenger onboard because just one outbreak, will cripple an industry already on its knees.

Vaccine anyone?
                      I know a man with a little printing shop under the railway lines. He does a very nice line in vaccine certificates. What name and vaccine do you want put on it?

Comment

Guy Fawkes day 2018 we boarded Navigator of the Seas for a T/A to Miami. Two days before sailing there had been major changes in itinerary and we were given the option to cancel if we wished. We opted to go ahead but the ship was only two thirds full as many chose to cancel. Little did we know that this would be our last cruise for some time. We did not cruise last year owing to my having back surgery. But it is that experience of a part filled ship that makes me somewhat sceptical of possible social distancing protocols. For the first half of that cruise the outside decks were out of commission and even at that level of occupancy, several inside areas were crowded. Next cruise, who knows? Maybe when there's a vaccine and social distancing is ended. That rules out the remainder of this year and probably next.

Comment

The last one (very last) was Dublin to Dublin taking in Belfast, Liverpool and various Scottish ports. We loved it, even though I was not well at the time. We had to cancel our Athens to Dubai in October due to my health problems, but we got prompt refunds.

Comment

Just one cruise for us last year and that was in September, the photo below is a clue to the itinerary.......if you’ve visited this port that is!

We cancelled this years August cruise on QV, long before Cunard got around to cancelling it and have nothing in the pipe line for next year.

3EC20D20-767D-4F10-A4B7-454DDD3B303D.jpeg

Comment

Originally posted by All at sea, Yorks View Post
                              Just one cruise for us last year and that was in September, the photo below is a clue to the itinerary.......if you’ve visited this port that is!

We cancelled this years August cruise on QV, long before Cunard got around to cancelling it and have nothing in the pipe line for next year.
                              So sorry we didn't get a chance to meet up. Maybe one day.

Now to see a chap about a dodgy vaccination certificate...

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X