• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Too late, Johnson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cruisinpat, Cornwall View Post
    The people I object to the most are the couples who go into the supermarket with a trolley each, load them to capacity and then go to all the other supermarkets in the town & do the same. They seem to be the same people who then snap up all the home delivery slots online! In my town this is factual as it’s come from the supermarkets managers who know these people well. I cannot get a home delivery until mid April, that’s assuming the grabbers don’t get there first. We’re self isolating for serious health reasons & I’m trying to get a delivery for ourselves & two elderly neighbours who don’t have the internet ! Fortunately a friends daughter has now offered to get the shopping....she’s a guardian angel!
    Then why don't the supermarket managers stop them, and set a flag on the delivery so that they cannot order muliple deliveries. The managers are enabling them, they must like the sales

Comment

Is the cheaper end on some products like meat that are getting cleaned out, Chicken, pork and mince beef gone, plenty of duck and beef steak.

we are short of mince but have plenty of reduced duck and steak as there was a glut a few of weeks back.

Had to make do with 2 30day dry aged Sirloins(500g total) from the freezer £3.80, chips, peas and mushrooms.

I saw today Waitrose are queueing accces to the site to stop it crashing

Comment

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
        Is the cheaper end on some products like meat that are getting cleaned out, Chicken, pork and mince beef gone, plenty of duck and beef steak.

we are short of mince but have plenty of reduced duck and steak as there was a glut a few of weeks back.

Had to make do with 2 30day dry aged Sirloins(500g total) from the freezer £3.80, chips, peas and mushrooms.

I saw today Waitrose are queueing accces to the site to stop it crashing
        Oh my goodness, the things we have to put up with!!!!! I'm with you in your hour of agony!

I had to pick up organic mince the other day in M&S. I'll be quite honest, by the time I'd finished cooking it, I couldn't tell the difference in taste and quality from my normal mince. However, there was a huge difference insofar as it was available!

Comment

The government are advising 1.5 million people who self isolate. We have known this could happen for at least 1 week. However the minister says they hope to start delivering food parcels by the end of NEXT week. Remind me not to request this government to organise a party for me.

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by andyn, Bucks View Post

Then why don't the supermarket managers stop them, and set a flag on the delivery so that they cannot order muliple deliveries. The managers are enabling them, they must like the sales
            They didn’t realise these people were doing it until one manager tackled a few & received abuse & threats. The police were called & alerted the other managers who said they’d had the same.
            The trolleys had various items including bread, nappies, lots of formula milk (selling on eBay for a huge amount,), paper towels, beers & alcohol, toiletries as well as all the groceries. They’re trying to sort out the home delivery slots.

Comment

As a change of routine with spare hours I am looking at my hoarded computer equipment to decide what to clear out from the office space.

I have the local radio on for quite a few hours, many of the adverts are for local restaurants that are all closed.

Comment

Countries can’t simply lock down their societies to defeat coronavirus, the World Health Organization’s top emergency expert said on Sunday, adding that public health measures are needed to avoid a resurgence of the virus later on.

https://in.reuters.com/article/healt...-idINKBN2190E2
                Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

BJ could take a leaf out of Nicola's book re style of delivery. Straight talking, no ambiguity and no faffing. I don't like her politics but she tells it straight.

Scotland's CMO has estimated from the number of deaths and the number of patients in ICU, we have over 25,000 cases of CV19 in Scotland.

Annie
                  Last edited by annie, Glasgow; 23rd March 2020, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post
                    BJ could take a leaf out of Nicola's book re style of delivery. Straight talking, no ambiguity and no faffing. I don't like her politics but she tells it straight.

Scotland's CMO has estimated from the number of deaths and the number of patients in ICU, we have over 25,000 cases of CV19 in Scotland.

Annie
                    I totally agree, unfortunately whatever your politics are, I think in this situation Boris is more of a hindrance than a help. Give people advice and you give them the option to take it or leave it, and too many have decided to leave it. Matt Hancock has said he would much rather people follow the rules without enforcement, sadly too many people today flout any rules they don’t like or agree with! Our prisons are full of people who do not respect rules!

Comment

T he MP's for Cornwall were asking the public to stay away from Cornwall, and I had hoped that they would have also asked the PM, we are inundated with people cutting and running down to Cornwall, and the big and some smaller holiday parks are taking them in!! W e only have one main hospital, and the county has an elderly population we can't take any more!!, Boris really has to stop this influx of people and also Easter lettings , There are no pubs ,clubs or restaurant's open so they will no doubt be mixing with the rest of us in the shops. Its easy to see how the virus can spread.CG
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

Annie
                        https://twitter.com/i/status/1241792642033295360

like this

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                        best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                        agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                        X