• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The latest item Americans are stockpiling.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The latest item Americans are stockpiling.

I can’t believe that I’m actually having to write this, but I’ve just seen several articles online that state that Americans are queuing up outside Gun Shops. I thought stockpiling loo rolls and other pantry staples was bad enough but apparently they are concerned that looters are going to raid their houses during the Coronavirus outbreak. Can you picture someone breaking and entering in your house to make off with your bog roll? Or having a stranger demand that you hand over your bottle of hand sanitizer? It beggars belief. Only in America is all I have to say and I’m an American!

By the way, we also read about a man in the state of Tennessee who bought up nearly every bottle of hand sanitizer in the state and then tried to flog them on eBay. Amazon have banned him for life.

Take care, Helen

I can believe it Helen. Sadly They love their guns.
    don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

They probably think they can shoot the virus!!

Carol
      sigpic*Carol M*

Comment

Originally posted by Calgray, Yorkshire View Post
        They probably think they can shoot the virus!!

Carol
        That’s what I wondered! Unfortunately, my fellow Americans can be as thick as two short planks at times and needless to say the biggest plank is in the White House.

Take care, Helen

Comment

Originally posted by Mason, Altrincham View Post
          I can’t believe that I’m actually having to write this, but I’ve just seen several articles online that state that Americans are queuing up outside Gun Shops. I thought stockpiling loo rolls and other pantry staples was bad enough but apparently they are concerned that looters are going to raid their houses during the Coronavirus outbreak. Can you picture someone breaking and entering in your house to make off with your bog roll? Or having a stranger demand that you hand over your bottle of hand sanitizer? It beggars belief. Only in America is all I have to say and I’m an American!

By the way, we also read about a man in the state of Tennessee who bought up nearly every bottle of hand sanitizer in the state and then tried to flog them on eBay. Amazon have banned him for life.

Take care, Helen
          I saw it as well and was absolutely gobsmacked.

Fortunately, as clay pigeon shooters, we both have shotguns and cartridges so should be able to look after our toilet rolls. Will have to work out a rota for who sits at the top of the stairs in shifts during the night.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnR, Chippenham View Post

I saw it as well and was absolutely gobsmacked.

Fortunately, as clay pigeon shooters, we both have shotguns and cartridges so should be able to look after our toilet rolls. Will have to work out a rota for who sits at the top of the stairs in shifts during the night.
            You've heard of ''crypto currency'', now we might have sh..so currency.
            [and I removed the two middle letters so as not to offend the web site!!!]

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
            best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
            agree to our cookie policy

Working...
            X