• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, what did Santa bring you for Christmas?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cymrucruiser View Post
    My mother in law bought me a poncho that looks like a dog bed. I thought it was a dog bed! Then some chocolates with gluten in. When I didn’t comment as I knew she’d done it on purpose she exclaimed “ they are safe for you to eat aren’t they?”
    It was expected based on the fact she told me two weeks earlier “you won’t like your presents but you can sell them online” 🤬
    I don't think I could bring myself to speak to such a person. She would definitely know what I thought of her. Whilst there is something to say for keeping your cool and not saying anything, this lets this person think she has the upper hand. She would most definitely know what I thought. Horrible people like that do not have a right to be tolerated no matter who they are related to.

Comment

Thankfully I have only had one MIL and she was an absolute diamond when she was alive, even although she was often regarded by many as the double in both looks and language of the actress Peggy. Mount, even by friends of Peggy Mount.

Our children loved her

If you don’t know who Peggy Mount was or what she was famous for, look her up on ‘You Tube’ she often played parts of somebody you did not mess with and had a loud booming voice.

Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

Originally posted by lucy, sutton View Post

I don't think I could bring myself to speak to such a person. She would definitely know what I thought of her. Whilst there is something to say for keeping your cool and not saying anything, this lets this person think she has the upper hand. She would most definitely know what I thought. Horrible people like that do not have a right to be tolerated no matter who they are related to.
        Bless you Lucy. She is fully aware of what I think of her. It frustrates the hell out of me. BUT she lives with us (in annexe on our land) and it’s my poor husband who gets it in the neck if I react, so in the most part I don’t. She knows when she oversteps.

I never expected such lovely comments thank you everyone xx
        Past cruises:
        Carnival Conquest October 2002
        Independence of the Seas October 2012
        Independence of the Seas May 2014
        Explorer of the Seas June 2015
        Norwegian Escape October 2015

Comment

My step daughter ALWAYS buys me bath bombs ,cream, bath crystals,bubble bath for Christmas and birthdays.
          Considering we got rid of the bath 3 years age for a wet room I think she may be taking the p**s a little.! Jan.

Comment

I was thankful that I never lived in the same country as my mother in law, and my nain (grandmother) was not nice to my mother. Those two examples have made me super careful when dealing with my two daughters in law, and I think we get along well. Of course their opinions may be different.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
            best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
            agree to our cookie policy

Working...
            X