• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, what did Santa bring you for Christmas?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, what did Santa bring you for Christmas?

I’m beginning to wonder if my friends really enjoy taking the mickey out of me being American and very anti-DT. I’ve received not one, but two different books on the Orange Ogre as well as a DT chocolate bar which apparently tastes better than the picture on the label looks. Fortunately I saw the funny side of it on both counts. In addition my husband received a cardboard cutout of a dog from our son who keeps promising to bring a dog home one day, to which we both say NO WAY Jose! Have any of you had any quirky or unusual gifts this Christmas? Hope you all had a good one anyway.

Take care, Helen 😉

No quirky or funny Christmas presents but yours sound fun.

We we had a lovely Christmas thanks Helen.
    don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Here’s the proof! H 9755709D-EEA4-40F0-B1FC-03C673F004A4.jpeg

Comment

Originally posted by Mason, Altrincham View Post
        At least you can console yourself by eating his head! 😂😂😂
        don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

It’s just as well that there are no nuts in it! 🤪🤣

Take care, Helen

Comment

My mother in law bought me a poncho that looks like a dog bed. I thought it was a dog bed! Then some chocolates with gluten in. When I didn’t comment as I knew she’d done it on purpose she exclaimed “ they are safe for you to eat aren’t they?”
            It was expected based on the fact she told me two weeks earlier “you won’t like your presents but you can sell them online” 🤬
            Past cruises:
            Carnival Conquest October 2002
            Independence of the Seas October 2012
            Independence of the Seas May 2014
            Explorer of the Seas June 2015
            Norwegian Escape October 2015

Comment

I have a unusual pair of gifts from the Son and Daughter some will think it wrong but to me means al lot to me, On the 28th of November my Wife of 43 years Passed Peacefully Away at Home after a very long illness She was Cremated on the 16th of December My Son and Daughter then arranged for Her Ashes and Wedding Ring to be Collected from the Director on the 24 December And on Christmas day at Dinner this tall Cardboard box was on the Table opposite me like a Good Wine box But no wine, It was my Wife's Ashes and wedding Ring So I had one last Dinner with Her and the Ring will wear for the end of my days
              ]

Comment

I got the usual stuff, but one present was quite interesting. I got some seed balls: these are the seed balls with everything they need to germinate surrounding the seeds and you scatter them in the garden in the spring. One pack was for bees and one was for butterflies. We have left a patch of our garden at the bottom under the elderflower tree for wildlife - we used to have a hedgehog that spent the winter there until it died of old age. I know exactly where I will be scattering these to help the wildlife. Near the tree, we also have a mass of honeysuckle in the summer and the bees love it, so they will have even more to go at with these and I will be looking forward to the butterflies as well.

I do like the wildlife in our garden. I quite often watch the squirrels chasing each other and we often have either blackbird nests or blue tit nests in the garden and it is fascinating watching the parents look for the best spots, build their nests and rear their young. We have a massive and very long hawthorn hedge that the blackbirds love to nest in. I try to do all I can to help the wild life and throughout the winter when the food is scarce they all come to us, as they have a feast left for them of everything they need.

Comment

Originally posted by tuggy, warminster View Post
                  I have a unusual pair of gifts from the Son and Daughter some will think it wrong but to me means al lot to me, On the 28th of November my Wife of 43 years Passed Peacefully Away at Home after a very long illness She was Cremated on the 16th of December My Son and Daughter then arranged for Her Ashes and Wedding Ring to be Collected from the Director on the 24 December And on Christmas day at Dinner this tall Cardboard box was on the Table opposite me like a Good Wine box But no wine, It was my Wife's Ashes and wedding Ring So I had one last Dinner with Her and the Ring will wear for the end of my days
                  Beautiful, so sorry for your loss Tuggy
                  Past cruises:
                  Carnival Conquest October 2002
                  Independence of the Seas October 2012
                  Independence of the Seas May 2014
                  Explorer of the Seas June 2015
                  Norwegian Escape October 2015

Comment

Tuggy, my deepest condolences to you and your family
                    BIG SHIPS, little ships, small world

Comment

Oh my goodness CC, I'd be tempted to tell her everyone else enjoyed her present but it was a shame you couldn’t!

I received a lovely present... but then I’d chosen it a month prior and the shop staff knew what it was!

Turkey crown was a triumph. No more struggling with 6kg of turkey when just over half fed us all and then some.
                      Pudding sauce was also a triumph. I used the brandy indicated eg 'it’s on the second shelf'. Everyone loved it.

I'll buy some more XO to replace the glugs I sloshed into the white sauce, using some rather good obc we have on our next cruise!

A most successful day was had by all. Hope everyone else enjoyed themselves.
                      NYears Eve here on Tuesday . Beef I think this time.

Comment

My husband bought me a new Liverpool FC shirt with my name on it and it's number 7 . Not a surprise really as I'd signed for a delivery a week before that came in a red bag with LFC emblazoned all over it!!
                        BIG SHIPS, little ships, small world

Comment

Hi Tuggy

Sorry to hear of your loss, condolences to you and your family.

Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

Originally posted by Mason, Altrincham View Post
                            It’s just as well that there are no nuts in it! 🤪🤣

Take care, Helen
                            I was gifted a very expensive box of chocolates full of nuts. I physically can't swallow a nut - I could choke ..... Maybe they are trying to tell me something.

One year I will receive my wish - NO presents. Unnecessary and only benefit commerce.

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post

I received a lovely present... but then I’d chosen it a month prior and the shop staff knewA most successful day was had by all. Hope everyone else enjoyed themselves.
                              NYears Eve here on Tuesday . Beef I think this time.
                              Hi Mrs M

I chose my own present, only problem I have not been to buy it yet. 😳

New Year’s Eve at our sons for a Chinese takeaway with the rest of the family, back again at his on New Year’s Day for a Roast, Lorraine’s already bought the beef, not made the Yorkshire’s yet though. 😃🤣😎

I did receive 6 identical bottles of wine packed in individual gift bags, because they did not have a wine box holding 6 bottles.
                              Last edited by Delboy, Essex; 28th December 2019, 07:44 PM.
                              Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X