• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Devastation in the Bahamas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smtcan, Scarborough View Post

This is asking for cruise lines to send ships. By the time they have compensated passengers for cancelled cruises and dealt with associated complaints they would be better sending money. I think they certainly should send money and lots of it, but not ships. Cruise passengers could also contribute according to their means.
    The FB appeal that I gave to was the American Red Cross.
    Jill

Comment

Originally posted by Smith7 View Post

The FB appeal that I gave to was the American Red Cross.
      Sorry, I was obviously seeing a different Facebook appeal. The Red Cross is able to deliver disaster relief effectively because of their wide range of experience. Modular housing will also be invaluable.

Comment

We had a sheet delivered to our stateroom last night explaining what RCI were doing to help the disaster and asking for a donation ranging from 25 dollars up to a hundred.

Regards
        Garf.

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield, Waterlooville View Post
          We had a sheet delivered to our stateroom last night explaining what RCI were doing to help the disaster and asking for a donation ranging from 25 dollars up to a hundred.

Regards
          Garf.
          Not the most tax efficient method of making a charitable donation I would have thought.

Annie

Comment

What about the companies that take the money off the cruise passengers?

Diamond International, senior frogs...

Comment

Just found this when going into the Royal app it’s come up as a banner at the top of our cruise details

08B59A87-A3A5-4F39-91B9-172611EA1B6D.png
              Past cruises:
              Carnival Conquest October 2002
              Independence of the Seas October 2012
              Independence of the Seas May 2014
              Explorer of the Seas June 2015
              Norwegian Escape October 2015

Comment

Originally posted by cymrucruiser View Post
                Just found this when going into the Royal app it’s come up as a banner at the top of our cruise details

08B59A87-A3A5-4F39-91B9-172611EA1B6D.png
                So the question has to be asked are RCI going to use donations by guests to offset the corporate donation of $1 million??

The most efficient way for a UK tax paying cruiser to donate is to use a UK charity.

Annie

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                X