• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cabin mate for Hurtigrutin Northern lights 12 days round voyage 2014

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabin mate for Hurtigrutin Northern lights 12 days round voyage 2014

Hi looking for cabin mate for the above cruise, anyone interested?

• Celticjo, South Wales
    replied
    Hi, they say that the best time is between October / March to hopefully see the lights,I'm no expert but I would personally prefer to go Jan/feb as they say cold nights with clear sky's are the best and its much colder in the months of jan/feb, also you can expect a lot of snow on the ground at that time of year , if you like husky sleigh ect. As for the ships, it depends on what you are looking for , it's not a 'cruise' in the sence say the Orianna, , there are no shows or 'pomp', it suits those who like down to earth , natural , nature environment , and happy to put your thermals on, along with coat, scarf and gloves, stand out on deck in freezing cold, to hopefully see the lights, rather than glam up for the evening.I would like to add that the 'Nordnorge' that i went on was first class, spick and span and shiny, the food was first class alos, so were the staff, nothing too much trouble.Hope this is of some help

Leave a comment:

• Celticjo, South Wales
    replied
    Hi Angie, I am so sorry that I did not reply to your post but I have been away for while and only now just read it, if you are still interested I will make a point of reading it. Jo

Leave a comment:

• dunsberrys, peterborough
    replied
    Originally posted by Celticjo, South Wales View Post
    Went last year in February on their 12 day classic round voyage to (hopefully) see the Northern Lights, which we did. Enjoyed it so much that want to go back again. I'm female, a young 60, like adventures an
    d photography. Need to go when the best time to see the lights, say Nov, Jan, Feb.
    Hi
    We are thinking of doing this particular cruise...but would you know if October would be too early to see the Northern Lights.
    Haven't cruised with Hurtigruten before, but am a little concerned that 12 days on board such a small ship would be too much. Other cruise lines operate the same sort of tour, but Hurtigruten seem to be the only company that go in the Winter.

Leave a comment:

• teddymouse, poole
    replied
    Hi celticjo

Can you please give more information. As this is a cruise I,m planning on going on. I'm a retired female and widowed.

Leave a comment:

• Celticjo, South Wales
    replied
    Originally posted by mgrant54, Blackburn View Post
    Any more info ? Gender, age group, dates for cruise etc.
    Went last year in February on their 12 day classic round voyage to (hopefully) see the Northern Lights, which we did. Enjoyed it so much that want to go back again. I'm female, a young 60, like adventures an
    d photography. Need to go when the best time to see the lights, say Nov, Jan, Feb.

Leave a comment:

• mgrant54, Blackburn
    replied
    Any more info ? Gender, age group, dates for cruise etc.

Leave a comment:

We use cookies to give you the
best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
agree to our cookie policy

Working...
X