• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cruising Transatlantic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nick OD, Troon
    started a topic Cruising Transatlantic

Cruising Transatlantic

Hello everyone, firstly thank you reading my topic. I am looking for a bit of help. I am hoping to cruise transatlantic both ways from Southampton to New York in the summer months of 2013. It would be to chat to someone and maybe share a cabin during the crossing. I am a wee bit anxiouse about crossing the atlantic. So it would be nice to do it with someone. Please leave a reply if you are interested or know of any websites that can help me.

Thank you

Nick

• scyth, London
    replied
    Hi Nick, I am looking for cruise mate to share a cabin on transatlantic cruise from New York to Southampton on July 27, 2013. Please let me know if you are interested.
    Last edited by scyth, London; 9th May 2013, 09:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Nick OD, Troon
    replied
    Diamonds thank you for your reply. Do you know of any websites were I can find a travel buddy to do it with. I am also going to travel around the states for one month.

Nick

Leave a comment:

• Diamonds, England
    replied
    My friend and I did this last year on the Queen Mary as I cant fly anymore, it was my friends first cruise and she loved it. We were lucky and had a smooth crossing both ways. We stayed in New York for 5 nights and had a great time.

Leave a comment:

• Nick OD, Troon
    replied
    I am going to cruise to New York then travel around the states for a month before cruising back. I don't like flying thats why I am going to do it.

Leave a comment:

• Cruise Fairy, Indiana USA (2)
    replied
    Are you going to do both crossings back to back? No visiting New York?

Leave a comment:

• Malcolm, Essex
    replied
    Originally posted by Nick OD, Troon View Post
    Is it rarely stormy in the atlantic then?
    Nick, the Atlantic is unpredictable BUT the summer months tend to be calmer on average. The QM2 is the most stable of all ships.

I wrote a long review of the ship when she was new:

Leave a comment:

• Nick OD, Troon
    replied
    Is it rarely stormy in the atlantic then?

Leave a comment:

• Malcolm, Essex
    replied
    Hi Nick, you do NOT need to be anxious if you pick the QM2 in the summer!

Leave a comment:

We use cookies to give you the
best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
agree to our cookie policy

Working...
X