• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cruise mate required

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cruise mate required

I advertised for someone to share a cabin with me for 2 cruises in November 2011. It may be that the 3 weeks have put a lot of people off. It was quite a good deal & that is why it was booked.
    I now wonder whether anyone would be interested in just doing the 2 weeks Transatlantic, 4th November from Southampton on Grand Princess & then flying home alone, leaving me to do the Oasis as a single OR
    Anyone interested in becoming mates for future trips together? I am 57 SWF only interested in sharing with other women.
    When anyone advertises on Cruise Mates in the States they get masses of replies.... We must either be more reserved, choosy or have plenty of money to pay single supplements??!!

I find myself annually in the same boat (so to speak) paying a big over charge for the single supplement fee. I am hoping to grab a last minute deal in a few weeks to minimize the cost!
    sigpic
    Twitter: @cruisegrant l Blog: cruisegrant.wordpress.com l
    Next cruises: Celebrity Eclipse (May 2015)
    Past 6 years: Independence of the Seas (x3), Queen Mary 2 (x7), Celebrity Eclipse (x2), NCL Norwegian Jade, P&O Aurora (2), NCL Getaway
    Ship Visits: MSC Opera, HAL Ryndam, Royal Princess, MSC Magnifica

Comment

Originally posted by Cruising Carol, Derby View Post
      I...When anyone advertises on Cruise Mates in the States they get masses of replies.... We must either be more reserved, choosy or have plenty of money to pay single supplements??!!
      ...or it could just be because there's a much larger pool of cruisers in the US.

Comment

I am looking for a cruise mate,I live in plymouth and would like to find a male or female cruise mate, Because i am a gentleman who is very open minded,But always a gentleman, I am open to sujestions for any cruise that leaves from Southhampton,So if this appeals to you please get in touch,Email is speedygonzales169@yahoo.co.uk Bon voyage Ken.

Comment

Hi there....just to remind anyone out there .... ignore speedy gonzales....he kept stalling on paying his half of the QM2 fare...then he wanted me to pay his share...and that he would reimburse me on the ship....he kept saying the correct numbers and email addresses for Cunard were incorrect...and then he said he did not have a home phone, and that his calling card ran out of minutes, etc., etc. etc...... then finally thin morning I get a nasty text and email calling me names because I did not trust him.... the guy is truly NO gentleman....he just strung me on for the weekend....and the sailing sails tomorrow! I had a great deal....656. p/p on the sold out QM2...I untimately found another mate....luckily....but this guy is Mr. nice guy on the phone and then he disappears when it is time for him to pay up! He should change his handle (speedy gonzales... which by the way translates to thief con man in slang.... to the artful dodger...

I have saved all of his messages and emails if you want proof of his abusive nature... he should be removed from this web site! It is hard enough to find a cabin mate as it is...then you get this creepy guy who just (I feel) is looking for a stupid woman to pay his way. If he looked like George Clooney....that's another story.... but as his photo shows in his email....he is NO George Clooney....more like George from Seinfeld....with an additional 30 years to boot! Ladies, beware of this character!!!!!!!

Comment

Hi Carol, l may be interested in future cruising/sharing a cabin. l am SWF easygoing and have been lucky enough to do lots of cruises, don't like the dreaded single supplement but have to gel with cruisemate. Live in handy Southampton ! Only interested in sharing with females.Val.
            Last edited by valerie mitchell, Southampton; 20th July 2011, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Hello everyone, I'm new to this site and to cruising in general. I will be on my first cruise soon, a transatlantic crossing on the Queen Mary 2 from Southampton to NYC on August 29 to September 5. I've booked a cabin for myself, a twin room, and I'm looking for someone to share the cabin and the costs with. To make things clear, I am not looking for anything romantic or any funny stuff like that. I'm on this cruise primarily for the transport, and secondarily for the food and time to lounge.

To make things more clear, I've been traveling for the last 11 months by land and sea only. I left South Korea September 2010 and originally intended to get to western Europe by land, which I have presently done (check out the map of my route here). I'm not satisfied though, and feel like jumping on a plane home to the States would be cheating and far too easy. Hence, the cruise.

The price I've paid is 1500 USD for the room on my own. To add another person, the cost would be 1600 USD in total, the increase being due to the additional fees and taxes. I'm looking to split this cost evenly, 800 USD per person. If anyone is interested in joining me, please email directly at cyphecks {at} yahoo {dot} com. I ask you to email me directly because I plan on posting lots of messages on lots of forms, so I may not be able to monitor all responses too often.

Please feel free to email me with any more questions about the cruise, or about me. For a short summary of myself, I'm a 28 year-old American male, and I plan to spend my time on the boat reading, napping, writing, and eating. For a little more information and photos, please take a look at my CouchSurfing profile.

Thanks,
              Ethan

Comment

Originally posted by valerie mitchell, Southampton View Post
                Hi Carol, l may be interested in future cruising/sharing a cabin. l am SWF easygoing and have been lucky enough to do lots of cruises, don't like the dreaded single supplement but have to gel with cruisemate. Live in handy Southampton ! Only interested in sharing with females.Val.

Hi Valerie

I too hate single supplements. I think it is OK travelling single if you are not bothered where/when/ship etc but if you want to do something in particular, it is better/cheaper/easier to have a companion. Strangely enough I have never sailed from Southampton. Should have been this time but.....!! Not to be. I have booked for November 2011 & am travelling with a friend in April & have a single booked for November next year but only because it was a good deal. Would always be able to either transfer the deposit to something else if something better came up so keep in touch. I can't do private messages yet so we will have to keep in touch this way for the time being.

Regards

Comment

Hi Ethan

I am too committed to other cruises I am afraid. Hope you find someone to share with. You may have more luck on Cruismates website
                  Regards

Comment

Originally posted by valerie mitchell, Southampton View Post
                    Hi Valerie

I am nervous about sharing with someone that I've never met, but maybe it is an option.

Sandra
                    2018-
                    Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

2019 -
                    NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
                    Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

2020 -
                    Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
                    Magellan - Panama Canal

Comment

hi ethan.... got your email ... still may be interested! ilsegreto7@gmail.com thanks!!!

Comment

Hi cruisegirl7, good to hear you're interested. I'll send you an email and we can discuss the possibility a bit more. Thanks,

-Ethan

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                        best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                        agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                        X