• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apparently MSC Meraviglia is to have solo's cabins

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apparently MSC Meraviglia is to have solo's cabins

From CC posted 1/Feb/17

from an interview with MSC's CEO;-

Cruise Critic can also exclusively reveal that MSC Cruises is actively investing in the future of single travelers, with plans to build solo cabins and a shared lounge with a TV and library. The solo cabins will debut on Meraviglia, with a special price instead of a supplement, the line revealed to us.
    When asked if the line is targeting the millennial demographic, Onorato said: "Millennials are couples, families and also made of singles, so this is a sub category of everyone."

Full article here on this link

http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/news/news.cfm?ID=7510
    Pete

sigpic
    If I can't be SKIING then CRUISING is the next best thing

I think that's brilliant, given the discounts for families this is completely the right thing to do.

Comment

NCL do well from its studios so I guess it makes sense for another line to try the same.
      sounds great for Annie x

Comment

The solo cabins will debut on Meraviglia, with a special price instead of a supplement

Good to see another line following NCLs innovative lead(even if it was by accident on the Epic).

Special will mean more than the cheapest 2paxx pp rate.

picking a NCL Escape cruise for 13 Jan 2018.
        all get one perk.
        £969 Solo Studio
        £739 inside 2pax pp
        £1273 inside solo

On NCL Solo Inside can get lower than the studio rate.

Comment

I've said before that other cruise lines could learn from NCL's studio arrangement. I've only sailed on Epic once before, and it was good to go into the lounge and find people to chat to or got to dinner with if I had no other arrangements. The coffee machine was pretty useful, as well!

However, the studio prices can sometimes be more than a single in a double occupancy cabin.

I needed to move a booking that I had on Epic for next month to another sailing, so opted for Getaway in October. Single occupancy in a double cabin was cheaper than the studio, but I would have lost the drinks package, so I opted for the studio. It's a transatlantic, so I am more likely to have a drink or three than on a port intensive itinerary.
          2018-
          Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

2019 -
          NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
          Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

2020 -
          Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
          Magellan - Panama Canal

Comment

It's about time more lines catered better for single travellers. We have had a single person travel with us before and were shocked at the lack of single cabin availability.

I think the NCL studio idea is brilliant as the communal space means there is often company of others in the same position. I'm not a fan of the NCL product but if I were to travel as a single I would definitely consider them just for this reason alone.
            Cruising my way through life!

Sue

Comment

Originally posted by Yogini, Waterlooville View Post

However, the studio prices can sometimes be more than a single in a double occupancy cabin.
              This is probably because a studio cabin takes up more space than half a double occupancy cabin? I know they are small but as each has to have a separate bathroom en suite then this type of cabin may take up more floor area?
              Cruising my way through life!

Sue

Comment

This just might be the opportunity to coax my brother to dip his toes in the water.....
                www.wansbroughs-cruise-blog.me.uk

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                X