• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Norwegian Sun Cruise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Norwegian Sun Cruise

I am thinking about cruising in February 2017 on the Norwegian Sun to South America.
    I have read mixed reviews about the ship and would welcome any comments if you have cruised on the ship or to South America. Thanks

Originally posted by Alex Murray, Glasgow View Post
    I am thinking about cruising in February 2017 on the Norwegian Sun to South America.
    I have read mixed reviews about the ship and would welcome any comments if you have cruised on the ship or to South America. Thanks
    Hi

I have cruised from South America but not on Norwegian.

My cruise was a repo on MSC from BA in Argentina but it did call in at Rio and another Brazilian port. BA and Rio are chalk and cheese - JMO. It was a good cruise.

I also included a mini land trip prior to my cruise. JMO the highlight of my trip to SA was the Iguassu Falls - once seen - never forgotten.

Another SA cruise is on my list but I would want to include Antarctica if I travel that far - not all cruise lines do that.

Sorry I can't help more.

Annie

Comment

NCL have changed a lot over the last 12 months you need recent reports where things are in general and on any particular ship.

Those NCL cruises an have very variable pricing, do check the history carefully.
      Also need to look at US and UK prices they can vary a lot as well.

IME NCL is often not too go on flight prices so that needs research.

Comment

Just checked the rates if thinking about the 5th Feb they do that 17n as a B2B cheaper.

also take care the there is a difference in perks between regions.

Comment

Our first cruise was on Norwegian Sun - Baltics in 2010 - so it's close to our hearts. Having said that, we didn't have anything to compare her with; it was all new and exciting. I do remember the scrum outside the shops when they had a sale and it's the only cruise we've had a midnight chocolate buffet. I don't know if they still do them now.

Comment

Hi,
            Don't even hesitate for a second. Just do it. I went on Norwegian Dream in March 2008 from Valparaiso to Buenos Aires and frankly, the ports of call and the scenery were so outstanding I wouldn't have cared if I'd been in 1-star tug.
            Regards
            JT

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
            best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
            agree to our cookie policy

Working...
            X