• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MSC cruise 0% solo supplement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    MSC cruise 0% solo supplement

    I have booked winter Med cruise with MSC (going March 26th) a great fly cruise price with 0% solo supplement and free balcony upgrade . Has anyone sailed solo on MSC?

    #2
    All the time Glittergal, what do you want to know ?

    Comment


      #3
      I have been led to believe that there are very few English speaking passengers on board was this your experience? Also that they do not arrange any solo cruisers get togethers but they will sit you on a table at dinner together is this correct? I have booked the Fantasia have you been on this ship? I wondered if it was worth buying the cruise long spa pass or whether it was not worth it as Fantasia has an undercover pool and whirlpools free of charge any way . in fact any useful info would be most welcome I am really excited I have never had a balcony before (could never afford one)

      Comment


        #4
        So many questions. Here goes ....

        1) I have been led to believe that there are very few English speaking passengers on board was this your experience?

        That is incorrect. Yes English passengers can sometimes be in the minority if the ship is not sailing from the UK but I'd still say that approx 5-10% are from the UK, then the Germans, Dutch, Scandinavians passengers and ALL the crew speak English so you won't feel left out believe me.

        2) Also that they do not arrange any solo cruisers get togethers but they will sit you on a table at dinner together is this correct?

        Correct normally no get togethers due to various nationalities involved but depends on the cruise director onboard. MSC will normally seat you at a dining table with other solo passengers who speak English as well.

        3) I have booked the Fantasia have you been on this ship?


        Nope not yet just MSC Splendida & MSC Divina so far

        4) I wondered if it was worth buying the cruise long spa pass or whether it was not worth it as Fantasia has an undercover pool and whirlpools free of charge any way .

        As with most ships spa treatments are expensive but special offers are available on port days. I'd wait till you are onboard and decide

        5) in fact any useful info would be most welcome

        Try reading my reviews for the MSC cruises I've been on here http://www.cruise.co.uk/cruise-revie..._review_32599/ and here http://www.cruise.co.uk/cruise-revie..._review_56654/

        Comment


          #5
          thank you very helpful .
          I have requested to MSC that a solo get together be arranged for my sailing and I have just been informed that my request has been sent to the Fantasia , so I dont know if it really has or if any thing will happen but at least I tried .
          It sounds a very similar demographic of nationalities to the NCL cruise I went on in March and they did have a get together and the Germans and Italians who attended spoke perfect English , I will take my phrase books just in case .

          Comment


            #6
            Hi Trevor your Davina cruise is the Same itinerary I am doing , i have been looking for a private guided tour for Casablanca but I am not having much luck at finding a reasonably priced one , the "panoramic tour" at 22 euro what was included ?

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by glittergal1, Loughborough View Post
              Hi Trevor your Davina cruise is the Same itinerary I am doing , i have been looking for a private guided tour for Casablanca but I am not having much luck at finding a reasonably priced one , the "panoramic tour" at 22 euro what was included ?
              I've kind of answered you already on your other thread so won't duplicate things here.

              Comment


                #8
                Ok thank you

                Comment


                  #9
                  There is a very large group of solo UK MSC passengers on the MSC Armonia cruise 22/3/2014 - sounds as if it is going to be some party - alas I am cruising back from South Africa at that time.

                  Annie

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Out of interest is the South Africa voyage with MSC as well Annie? If so I'd be really interested to hear what you think of it.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      I am going to Cape Town with MSC in November as a solo. I was concerned that I may be put on a table in the MDR with non-English speakers, so I at the Cruise Show in London earlier this year I asked advice on the MSC stand. I was told to contact my travel agent and ask that I be seated accordingly.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Mike48, Southampton View Post
                        I am going to Cape Town with MSC in November as a solo. I was concerned that I may be put on a table in the MDR with non-English speakers, so I at the Cruise Show in London earlier this year I asked advice on the MSC stand. I was told to contact my travel agent and ask that I be seated accordingly.
                        I think you'll find they normally seat English speakers together automatically but no harm in getting your TA to reconfirm anyway.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by trevor432990, East Sussex View Post
                          I think you'll find they normally seat English speakers together automatically but no harm in getting your TA to reconfirm anyway.
                          On my 1st repositioning cruise, I was seated with English speakers.

                          Annie

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by trevor432990, East Sussex View Post
                            Out of interest is the South Africa voyage with MSC as well Annie? If so I'd be really interested to hear what you think of it.
                            Hi Trevor

                            I cruised with them for the 1st time this year back from Argentina.

                            Overall I was impressed. There are limitations but we had a really good mix of nationalities on board. Not everyone's cup of tea (i.e. if your preferred cruise line is P&O I suspect they may not be a good fit) but they suit me. In fact there are a few of us cruising with them again later this year. They have quite a group of UK regular cruisers.

                            Solo passengers did really well with cabin allocation - mid-ship prime locations for balconies etc. Lunch service in the MDR was always better than dinner.

                            Annie

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post
                              Hi Trevor

                              I cruised with them for the 1st time this year back from Argentina.

                              Overall I was impressed. There are limitations but we had a really good mix of nationalities on board. Not everyone's cup of tea (i.e. if your preferred cruise line is P&O I suspect they may not be a good fit) but they suit me. In fact there are a few of us cruising with them again later this year. They have quite a group of UK regular cruisers.

                              Solo passengers did really well with cabin allocation - mid-ship prime locations for balconies etc. Lunch service in the MDR was always better than dinner.

                              Annie
                              Glad you enjoyed your 1st trip with MSC Annie. It might be worth them setting up a group forum for UK passengers to arrange get togethers because they certainly need to hang on to them because they receive a fair degree of flack from other circles. So I gather the South Africa trip is not MSC then? For me they are the only cruise line who actively help solo passengers get value for money from cruise travel so if I enthuse about them and I make no apologies for doing so.

                              Comment


                              We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.


                              By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

                              Working...
                              X