• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Viking River Cruises and Corona Virus

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Viking River Cruises and Corona Virus

Viking have today announced that they will be cancelling all cruises through to June 2020 that include a Yangtze River cruise element, included in the communication is an offer of £400.00 pp discount if you are able to switch to a different 2020 itinerary.

I don't think this will come as a shock to many

John

No it doesn’t. I’ve had two emails from Celebrity re our forthcoming cruise. Screenings, health announcemnets by the captain twice a day, free health checks on board and washing hands / sanitiser etc. Just reading about 10 passengers on board another cruise ship off the port of Yokohama who are infected. Worrying times for the cruise industry.

Comment

As a frequent hand washer, I have no fears for our future cruises but I am hoping this will be the trigger for staff and crew to ensure passengers have good hygiene habits instead of deferring to those who refuse to spritz and have appalling habits.As a severe eczema sufferer, I know how awful the sanitizer can be for some of us but if I can use it, then so can others.

Comment

Sorry to hear you’ve lost your river cruise John. But as you said it was to be expected.
        Very forward thinking of them to cancel as far as June!
        Past cruises:
        Carnival Conquest October 2002
        Independence of the Seas October 2012
        Independence of the Seas May 2014
        Explorer of the Seas June 2015
        Norwegian Escape October 2015

Comment

I know you were expecting it John but I’m very sorry all the same.
          I do think it’s good of Viking to be proactive in cancelling this far out though. At least it gives you time for Plan B.

Comment

Thanks for your kind thoughts, I suspect that other operators both river and ocean will soon need to take similar measures to run sure the safety of passengers and crew when touring in these waters and collecting many passengers from many different Countries

Comment

Any thoughts on what you’re going to do ?

Comment

Originally posted by mike, lanarkshire View Post
                Any thoughts on what you’re going to do ?
                Actually yes, we have our holidays sorted for 2020 and next year in 2021 apart from the Viking Venus trip we are not going away, we are respectively Club Captain and Lady Captain, pretty much a full time job, we will book a warm weather trip, nor Asia for January 2022, watch this space.

John

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                X