• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SS Antoinette - My final day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Antoinette - My final day

Sorry you've had to wait for my report on my last day, I had to wait till I got home to re-connect my laptop to a Wi-fi network.
    It started with a breakfast as normal and then a trip into Cologne. Most of us decided to skip the guided tour of Cologne and just head in to do our own thing. I took a tour of the Cathedral, (I didn't climb the spires this time), before a group of us headed into the city centre to try out some local pastries and mulled wine.

IMG_3948.jpg

IMG_3952.jpg

We needed to be back at the ship early though as we had a way to go from Cologne up to Amsterdam so the ship left about 1:00.
    The rest of the day was then spent onboard just relaxing and enjoying some of the views the Rhine had to offer us.
    The second formal night of the cruise was scheduled for tonight, the captains gala dinner and the chefs and crew went out of their way to make it a memorable evening. We had a

Blue cheese and walnut amuse-bouche
    A sun dried tomato salad
    A scallop aperitif
    A veal steak cooked perfectly, (blue), with vegetables
    And finally a baked Alaska

I've heard about baked Alaska parades on ocean cruises but never seen one as they seem to have fallen out of favour but they're still alive and kicking on the river cruise lines with the crew parading right around the main restaurant with sparklers stuck in all the desserts.
    The Captain and cruise manager then made their farewell speeches and for a nice surprise I'd say most if not all the guests went to the main lounge that night for the farewell party.

Happy, (river), cruising
    Last edited by James, Cruise.co.uk; 20th November 2012, 03:29 PM.

We use cookies to give you the
best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
agree to our cookie policy

Working...
X